9 thoughts on “How Narcissists Pretend to Impress, Manipulate, and Use You

• July 2, 2019 at 10:52 am

This explains my ex-husband. Too bad I share custody of a child with him.
    I have to interact with his mindgames twice a week when we exchange our child at the police stations.

• July 10, 2019 at 8:13 pm

Yikes! Hoping your child has a good counselor looking out for their mental health after their visit with dad … </3

• July 3, 2019 at 12:27 am

That explains my ex very well too! I think we have to throw Trump in there for sure. I also had a “master” Tae Kwon Do teacher. I quit not long after getting my black belt. And he couldn’t understand why some of the old hangers on quit almost immediately after I did!

• July 3, 2019 at 9:03 am

I am unfortunate enough to have such a mother- extremely self centered, egotistical with an entitlement issue to boot. After leaving my home state to be closer to her in her later years and helping as much as I could, I was thrown a comment that I do nothing for her. It was then I decided I’d had more than enough, cut off all ties to her, and am in the process of returning to my home state where I had always been more comfortable. Basically I have ‘divorced’ her and know that she would rather go to her grave without making any apologies to me, which to me, would be empty after a lifetime of negativity with this person who birthed me.

• July 5, 2019 at 11:41 am

After reading articles to learn the reasons for my disastrous past actions, I discovered, both I and my wife are narcissistic sociopaths (NA). Until then I never knew that such a disorder even existed, let alone the effects on my thought and actions. It is a shock to one to realize that you were not in the real world at age 60. You cannot hide a disorder or change from one, if you do not know that the disorder exists. I take responsibility of this mess, as I should have understood my actions and those of my wife. The thought of ruining and losing my family and friends, produces a strong desire in me to change my behaviour. The emotional and financial damage is done and cannot be corrected, as one cannot travel back in time. Not all NA want to be one.

• July 10, 2019 at 8:17 pm

Unknowing Monster – don’t be trapped by titles. Your post shows you DO actually have a conscience, so you are not truly 100% sociopathic. Sending you much love and light in your journey of healing and becoming your best self. <3

• July 10, 2019 at 11:50 pm

My narcissist is in competition with me, views me as competition, does oneupmanship on me, imitates and copycats me, does score-keeping of point-scoring, tries to make everything to be about her, tries to make every conversation to be about her and bring every conversation back around onto her, she’s an insecure and infantile person, she’s pathologically extremely jealous and envious of me, she views me as superior, she is and she feels inferior. She wants to be me. She thinks that I am a perfect person and that I am whiter-than-white. She has scorn, contempt, disdain, hatred, hostility and negativity for me.

• August 14, 2019 at 12:00 pm

Thank you for writing this informative article (I read some or your others also) it helped me understand that even though we all have faults it isn’t always about what we did; sometimes people are just toxic. For me this is very hard to understand because I just don’t think the way a narcissist does (most people don’t). I’ve read a lot of articles on narcissists and this one was the most helpful for me.

It’s been 7 months since I left my husband…I had a complete mental break down, my mistake was trying to please my husband even at my own expense.
    What I noticed from him was a lot of lies, couching, promises, and when he didn’t get his way attacks or deflecting. To this day he considers our break-up to be all my fault; he takes no responsibility in the demise of our marriage ( I know… everyone does this to some extent).

But I’m better now that I’m surrounded by friends and family who actually care. I couldn’t be more grateful to have them.

• August 15, 2019 at 11:11 am

Thank You So Much, for this counseling. I never knew what a narcissist was. This is the best information i ever had on this problem in 26 years. Now i know no what my families are plus have been doing to me since i was a child. I developed 4 kinds of seizures,ptsd,and bipolar from them. They always would say that i’m stupid,sick in the head dreaming of what i’m talking about and a retard.I was even beat up. I’m much more talented than them in many ways they would tell me so what shut up i don’t want to hear about you and what you can do. The can’t face the truth.They hold my health problems against me all the time.