10 thoughts on “An Introduction To Boundaries and Why We Need Them

• September 24, 2018 at 6:13 pm

Thanks Darius! I’m such a big believer in boundaries having grown up with not very many of my own. It’s taken me a long time of educating myself about boundaries and implementing them on a daily basis. For me it was regaining my own power.

• September 24, 2018 at 7:19 pm

Thank you for your comment, Sue. Most people never think much about it and don’t have very good boundaries. It’s good to hear that you decided to learn more about it and improve your life!

Cheers!
      Darius

• September 25, 2018 at 10:11 am

Very good I’m looking foward to more on this . i believe boundaries are so important. Well at least now in older life. Having lived most with out any or very week. Setting them now is difficult. With more knowledge for sure i can help myself an possibly my grand sons live a more peaseful happy life.

• October 3, 2018 at 7:10 am

Learning how to set healthy boundaries is my number one priority at the moment. I allow people to manipulate me so easily; I practically BEG them to take advantage of me. It’s pathetic! Even when I know I am being treated poorly, I can’t seem to stand up for myself. My low self esteem and emotional neglect as a child played a big part in who I am today. I think that once I overcome those issues, I will have an easier time setting personal boundaries.

• October 3, 2018 at 12:15 pm

Thank you for your comment, Rose!

The thing is that many psychological and emotional issues are interrelated. So, for example, by working on boundaries a person also works on their self-esteem and chronic sense of guilt and shame, and then on how they can manage those feelings in a healthier manner, all of which is related to their childhood experiences and relationships with significant figures from the past. By addressing one issue we can always connect that to other problems and work on the deeper issue.

All the best on your journey, Rose!
      Darius

• January 9, 2019 at 4:50 pm

Thank you, Darius. I work with instruction and support from you, Lenora Thompson (Narcissism Meets Normalcy) and Jonice Webb (Childhood Emotional Neglect) as I seek to strip away destructive beliefs and replace them with healthy concepts and boundaries. I read your article, “Toxic, Chronic Shame: What It’s Like to Live With It”. BOUNDARIES? MOI??! I wasn’t raised with the right to have those!

I have planted imaginary gardens where I grow my beliefs I am a valuable human being and am to be loved and respected and where I can grow healthy boundaries. Thank you for fertilizing my garden of boundaries.

• January 20, 2019 at 4:22 am

Hi Darius,

I would be interested if you could do an article on HOW to set up boundaries and keep them with toxic people. Thanks for your content and information

• November 12, 2019 at 3:20 am

Setting boundies is extremely important, yet feels like an impossible task. How do you recover from all the pain of a deceased toxic, emotionally absent father and a narc sister than was our fathers golden child . I’m 47 and all these burried emotions that are now surfacing are overwhelming me. I had a breakdown, living with mom (codependent and enabler) I’m no contact with my sister and father is deceased, validation not coming from mom… I’m creating boundies, but continue to second guess myself. Please help.