Comments on
The Top 10 Positive Emotions

A major part of learning to deal with our feelings is being able to label and identify our emotions. It can be difficult to connect with our emotional state if we don’t have awareness about the feelings we’re having.

9 thoughts on “The Top 10 Positive Emotions

• March 5, 2011 at 12:53 pm

enthusiasm or the flow feeling of being interested in something. That thrilling, exciting feeling, excitement, I miss sth like that from the list. And joy…. yes, but also happiness, when you feel really happy, elated.

• March 5, 2011 at 5:17 pm

Hi Reka,

There are so many combination of things we can do and experiences we can have to help us feel greater positivity. Those are wonderful emotions you mention. I believe happiness is not on the list explicitly as it is sort of the all encompassing experiencing of these other emotions. We feel happy when we feel joy, inspiration, interest, and love. I also think enthusiasm is a very important one. I know I try to engage in things in my life that lead to enthusiasm. Thanks for the comment!

• March 6, 2011 at 3:07 am

thank you so much for your input, enjoyed the article very much. It’s wonderful to see how many positive emotions we get to experience!

• April 27, 2011 at 2:05 am

Excellent post that condenses the subject of life and attributes that we all seek out in a nutshell. A little of some everyday goes a long way to people feeling both ‘happy’ and ‘content’ and also empowered to fulfill everything they truly want to. 🙂

• April 27, 2011 at 9:51 am

Hi Monica,

Doing what we can to reach a peaceful place with our emotions is so powerful. This can start by incorporating more positive emotions and as we do so we begin to see that those negative and distressing feelings will be less and less prominent. Thanks for commenting!

• September 7, 2011 at 7:07 am

Hi Joe

I am an instructor, teaching subjects related to psychology and guidance for undergraduate and graduate students in a university of Thailand. I am also a blogger. One of my blogs aims to help my audiences learn both English and interesting issues. Today, I have searched many articles according to “coping with stress and living a happy life”. I finally selected yours for the only source of my written work. Thanks a lot for sharing such a useful knowledge.

• April 6, 2014 at 10:47 pm

Hi Joe: Great Blog that invites reflection on those emotions that expand our sense of self and the world in a positive way. As your other readers have reported – I will pass this blog on – Best Regards, Suzanne

• January 15, 2017 at 12:47 am

Gratitude is a state of being. Strictly speaking it is not an emotion. Emotions are reactions. Gratitude has nothing to do with reactions. It is a way of life. It is how you live, not what you feel.

• April 2, 2019 at 3:06 pm

Your article is really helpful to understand
    positve emotions list
    . Great work keep it up.