6 thoughts on “Follow the 4 “P’s” to Greater Happiness

• February 2, 2011 at 12:36 pm

I have Bipolar and any kind of friend is hard to come by. Your article gives me truth and guidences
    as how I can become not only a better person, but know how to be a better friend.I found it very insightful, making me really focus hard on changes that need to be made in order for this concept to
    work for me. Thank You
    Joan

• February 2, 2011 at 12:50 pm

Joan,

Thank you so much for your comment! I’m glad you were able to connect with some of the ideas in the article. You deserve to find more happiness and meaning, and I know you can. I wish you the best!

• February 6, 2011 at 10:12 pm

This would be a great idea if it were possible, but I suffer from depression. Therefore nothing really gives me much Pleasure anymore. I have no Passions – nothing gets me excited or motivates me. I have no Purpose in life – seriously, I don’t. I have no kids, no spouse, no friends, no job. I have no goals because I don’t know what I want, except I know I want to be happy, but I can’t find anything that makes me happy anymore. People/Relationships – I don’t have any close friends. I’ve tried many times to make new friends but people don’t like being around someone who is depressed.

• February 7, 2011 at 11:24 am

Linda,

Hi, thanks for your willingness to share your thoughts and feelings. It’s sounds like your going through a tough time right now, so I really appreciate you sharing this perspective. When experiencing depression it can seem like happiness is completely out of reach. It may take baby steps to get back to feeling a little better and ready to move forward.

Keep hope that things will get better. It may not be apparent immediately, but we all can find something to be passionate about. As well, we can uncover what we feel our purpose is. We are all here for a reason.

PsychCentral has a forum you may want to checkout as well. If you click the community tab at the top of the browser you can join the forum. 🙂

• February 9, 2011 at 8:44 pm

You forgot “Pets”. 🙂

• February 9, 2011 at 10:44 pm

Madeline,

You great suggestion. People get much comfort from the company of pets and animals.