15 thoughts on “How Positive Writing Can Increase Life-Satisfaction

• May 26, 2011 at 11:47 am

I totally agree with this article.

I am stress advisor and one of the techniques i recommned is to try and raise mood and to make you think about things more deeply rather than to just react t situations is to keep a weeks happiness diary as i like to call it.

I simply say to spend 5 minutes every day for one week writing down something that was good or made you happy that day. I say that as much detail about the episode should be written down.

By the end of the week the diary can be reviewed and its amazing just how much better about things people feel. The process of writing things down seems to have a way of making the small good things which happen mean more and are more imprinted on the brain.

we all too easily forget the good things and focus on the negative.

• May 27, 2011 at 6:15 pm

Kate,

This is a wonderful addition to the post! Thanks for sharing this. Writing has some very practical benefits when it comes to problem solving and gaining clarity about what we may be experiencing. We can learn so much more and understand things in a different way by putting things in our own words. Not to mention it does offer a way to develop greater focus on what’s most important to us!

• May 26, 2011 at 7:57 pm

Interesting article, I can relate to writing to increasing my life satisfaction. I have been journaling for 16 years and use them to set my life goals.

• May 27, 2011 at 6:11 pm

Hi Nicole,

Nice to hear from you and thanks for sharing! It sounds like journaling has been an important aspect of your life. It probably helps you organize your life as well as process how you feel. I love writing songs to help me release emotional tension, and know many people who get a lot from journaling.

• May 27, 2011 at 9:57 am

What a beautiful post, Joe! I will reference it in my next blog post. These are such simple steps to truly make a difference in life!
    Thank you!

• May 27, 2011 at 6:08 pm

Hi Deri,

Thanks so much! I appreciate you commenting! Whatever we can do to help us focus on the positive is important in my opinion. When we educate ourselves, write, and use our creative mind for good it can really be life changing. I’m very thankful that I have this opportunity here to share and learn about positive messages! Talk with you soon.

• May 27, 2011 at 10:48 am

Nice article, I especially like the part about writing about future life goals. I do that myself and it helps me see more clearly where I want to go and who I want to be. Anyway I think that it usually helps me to write down anything that matters to me or a goal I want to achieve because it becomes more concrete to me and less hard to reach.

• May 27, 2011 at 6:05 pm

Hi,

Thanks for stopping by! I completely agree. When I write out my goals it not only helps me get organized, but really puts everything in perspective and helps motivate me to take action. One of those simple but powerful tools!

• May 27, 2011 at 9:07 pm

Writing is a great place to rant, but it is so true that it’s also a place to play out your optimism. Either way, it can help you feel better because with the former, you’re getting all the negativity out of you so you don’t sulk about it, and the latter helps you create and promote optimistic ideas and thoughts. Good post!

• May 28, 2011 at 3:12 pm

Hi,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts! You provide a wonderful explanation of the benefits that writing can offer us to deal with negative emotions and promote positive emotions. I appreciate you adding to the post!

• May 29, 2011 at 2:42 am

Wow, it is so nice to come to a relaxing site and just “be” and be happy. Success has to have focus and you do have that. Happy Memorial day my friend.

• May 30, 2011 at 8:22 pm

Jackie,

Hi thanks for the kind words, and I really appreciate you stopping by! I hope to hear from you again. Let me know if there is anything you would like to read about.

• May 30, 2011 at 5:17 am

Hi Joe,

Greta article on positive writing.

I have been developing(and have had a trial workshop) on writing for self development which encompassesa lot of the positive agenda.
    I use different metaphors both for providing launch pads for writing and creating insights by looking at things from a fresh perspective.

have to look at obstacles to growth as well but in a onstructive light.

All this brings to light other benefits of writng – it creates focus, it filters out intrusive thoughts, helps with problem solving and pushes you to find the right words from which so much can be learned once you feel that you have really given birth to an expression of exactly what you atre thinking/feeling/doing. Hope I have found the right words…….

• September 19, 2011 at 8:36 am

The information on your website is good. Seeing send for more postings.

• January 20, 2012 at 12:36 pm