10 thoughts on “New To Meditation? Try These Tiny Stepping Stones From Headspace

• August 17, 2014 at 3:31 am

I too find it hard to sit and do nothing. I find it makes me more anxious. I think it’s for so many reasons…guilt that I should be doing something, being alone with my overly anxious mind, feeling lazy…but I’m trying to learn to be able to do this.
    I also want to be able to meditate and am now going to watch the video…thanks for sharing all of this.

• August 17, 2014 at 12:06 pm

what happens with most who go for meditation it feels a class that we attend there is the need to have a goal and achieve it , the goal here is stillness and a temporary banishing of all thought. That happens with time. The first step is to just relax the mind and watch the chaos that the mind throws up when we are physically still for any length of time . Slowly with time and discipline comes the stillness . Meditation is no quick fix for a overworked mind its only a refreshing break at first.Wamma kno more . Please visit my youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/wellnesswork or my webpage http://www.denziloconnell.com . God bless love n light

• September 1, 2014 at 11:09 am

Hi. Yes I agree that forming the positive habit of regular meditation can be quite difficult because you do not see immediate physical results. I followed a guided meditation cd in the mornings before I did anything else. 10 – 15 minutes was plenty initially. The rewards are amazing and quite quickly noticed. I personally recommend this to anybody suffering from panic attacks.

• September 16, 2014 at 6:10 am

Just learning meditation, I am using it to overcome” The Monkey Mind” which inhibits my ability to get to sleep. It is working a dream and my sleep is now assured.

• May 10, 2016 at 12:12 pm

Very interesting, Summer!! Congratulations! I would like to share my new mobile application “Deva helps you!” for Android with very useful breathing exercises I learned at Yoga which helped me so much. You can find it in Google Play or download it from this link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=nuzzolese.calmator
    Thanks!!

• June 13, 2016 at 6:51 pm

Halleluia!!! I have found some acknowledgement on line for the horrible experience I had with a Veteran’s Administration Psychiatrist who terrorized me at a VA Clinic with something called “Exposure Therapy”. Never mind how what is done when properly done. I’ve since read the CURRENT instruction on how to do the “therapy” and the guy who did it to me BROKE TO SMIITHEReeeenSSSSSS Every single dire warning of what *** NOT *** to do. In today’s protocol. I guess my experience and my complaints about it have paid off with an appropriate MAJOR CORRECTION to what was being done when I went to the clinic a few years ago. To be fair, My experience was complicated by having ptsd almost from birth. That’s why joining the Navy/Marine Corps as a Navy Corpsman was so therapeutic for me..to help get over at least some of my latent
    ptsd symptoms with an arduous military experience that actually made sense.

• June 13, 2016 at 7:02 pm

At last, I have found some acknowledgement on line for the experience I had with a Veteran’s Administration Psychiatrist who terrorized me at a VA Clinic with something called “Exposure Therapy”. Never mind how what is done when properly done. I’ve since read the CURRENT instruction on how to do the “therapy” and the Psychiatrist who did it to me ignored all the dire warnings of what not to do in today’s protocol, as I have seen it on the internet recently. I guess my experience and my complaints about it have paid off with an appropriate correction to what was being done when I went to the clinic a few years ago. To be fair, My case was complicated by having ptsd almost from birth. That’s why joining the Navy/Marine Corps as a Navy Corpsman was so therapeutic for me..to help get over at least some of my latent childhood
    ptsd with an arduous military experience that actually made sense.

• September 6, 2016 at 10:26 am

Really enjoyed

• August 22, 2018 at 12:12 am

In a crucial time of need, I have discovered this blog. Bang on!

Summer are you still on Paxil? I stepped off of it, tired of the head shocks even with consistent dosage for 20 years! Trying to look the beast right in the face? Needing a lot of hourly interventions/tools and grabbing at all thst I can to win this battle.

What are your thoughts on “exit strategies “ from meds (or the lack there of)?

My name isJennifer

• October 13, 2018 at 7:20 am

That’s very amazing summer congrats..,,best of luck dear.