6 thoughts on “6 Ways to Stop the Downward Spiral to Depression

• April 2, 2015 at 3:07 pm

Great pointers for shattering the vortex of depression and the cyclical diet and personal behaviors that enable and accelerate this whirlpool.

• November 19, 2015 at 9:26 pm

This article can be boiled down to: “Just stop thinking bad thoughts and doing bad things!” She seems like a nice person but I can’t imagine she’s capable of helping anyone with a serious problem. Sounds better suited for teaching kindergarten.

• May 24, 2017 at 9:03 pm

Help I am locked in to myself. Can’t reach out to any one

• September 29, 2016 at 6:17 pm

I hear u and I gave those advice’s so many times to others .sometimes it feels like everything is too strong to overcome that depression .mostly I live my life ignoring the fact that I can’t stand humans and their social structures life habits and everything around me , work economy , social justice , dependency on the system to provide yourself with simple survival .it sucks.I’m sorry , life sucks especially if you’re working class .its tiering and exhausting and doesn’t make any sense to dedicate so much effort for an hand full of lies .so when u see the world so clearly .you’d rather relieve yourself from being here than try more efforts then just the huge effort to pass every day and not want to have your life ending .

• July 18, 2018 at 3:03 pm

I see myself so much in your comment. I know all the right advise to give someone else, yet I hide what is going on inside of ME. I hate people, although I have a few friends, nobody really knows what I feel inside. I work for a living, but that is actually not so bad because it gives me less time to focus on myself. I don’t have a “career” job and I am fine with that. My fear now is because I don’t have a “career” job and I am getting close to retirement age, I don’t have much to carry me through. I have found that I sabotage myself, I always have and I can’t get out of that rut. Life is truly wonderful, I have experienced those moments in time, but I can’t seem to hold on to them. Sabotage, once again and then again. I’m tired, too. Life really shouldn’t be this hard.

• January 29, 2019 at 2:53 pm

As a coach and a C-PTSD, I tend to search for clues. Hence the comment about your article lacking some substance. The intentions are ok, since it allows to express and exchange…
    Ok, exercise is good, and breathing too. I do this more and more. But still… you need to know how it works and why, so lift the chopper and see from above that there is a flaw in our brain.
    Period.
    We all have it at various degrees and it spirals down whenever it engages. My tip ? Read books like Upward spiral, the explanations are simple (https://www.amazon.ca/Upward-Spiral-Neuroscience-Reverse-Depression-ebook/dp/B00QUIAK0G/ref=tmm_kin_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=&sr=). I am doing better because I understand more and I know why I do the breathing and the exercise and what will be the return. this feels great.