7 thoughts on “Law of Attraction (LOA) – Does it Work?

• May 17, 2017 at 2:41 pm

This article is complete nonsense. Rebecca Temsen first tries to claim the LOA is not necessarily magical thinking, then goes on to attribute someone’s winning on the lottery to using the LOA? And is she trying to claim her blog was only a success because her thinking somehow ‘attracted’ her partner into her life, who was better at blogging than she was and so made it a success?

I think she needs a lesson in confirmation bias. You want to start a blog but know nothing about blogging, then network and socialize, tell people about your blogging aspirations, given that there’s plenty of bloggers around you’re sure to find someone somewhere who’ll know something about it and give you the boost you need. That is clearly what she did, no amount of visualization or positive thinking ‘attracted’ that luck into her life. A positive attitude is important, sure enough, but it was her action and hard work that brought her the results.

That’s what Rebecca’s approach, and any version of the LOA that incorporates magical thinking, completely undermines. You get positive results through action and hard work, not through any kind of magical force. Yes, there’s a grain of truth in that by thinking positively, visualizing your dream and acting as if it’s already true you’re more likely to take positive action that will increase the likelihood of achieving your goal, but there’s no magic involved, nor does it guarantee the results you want. But once people start believing in all the magical nonsense, confirmation bias takes hold and they’ll attribute the tiniest bit of luck or coincidence to the LOA whilst overlooking the importance of hard work and action.

So in short- the LOA and magical thinking is detrimental to one’s sense of logic and reason, and greatly undermines the importance of action. Success doesn’t just ‘manifest’. Have a positive attitude, take positive action and you may well achieve positive results, just don’t beat yourself up if you fail, and keep trying. (And when it comes to something like the lottery, that’s totally down to luck- never get your hopes up there.) And leave magical thinking and superstition in the medieval past where it belongs.

• May 30, 2017 at 3:59 am

Hey Byzantine, I do appreciate your reply and comment on this. I don’t think that this is complete nonsense but of course, it is my opinion. It’s a matter of perspective. There are different levels of the LOA working. If I were to put an intention out there and people help me, it may or may not be the LOA at work. Technically it doesn’t matter to me because I got to that place doing what I read from LOA.

This post wasn’t meant to be a guide or be controversial in any way. It’s about being open to new things that can be helpful. It’s just my opinion on LOA and it’s nice to have you disagree with it. As stated, I’m no expert, I’m just an average person who decided to start a blog and I’m sure you can see that.

The reason this was written was because I have my opinion on LOA and Mike doesn’t believe in it at all so we had a little interview. Hope this helps clear things up 🙂

• May 17, 2017 at 4:42 pm

This article could have been better if it stated clearly in the beginning what the Law of Attraction was! Not everyone knows what they are talking about.

• May 30, 2017 at 4:00 am

Thanks for the comment! Now that I look back, I agree. This post was actually an interview so it might not be so clear what the law of attraction is.

• May 21, 2017 at 5:17 am

I think if you have reached some sense of individuation, which may or may not require re-configuring your thinking and your personality, then this is a natural law connecting you to what is best available to make you both contributory to, and also receiving benefits from life.
    I’m suggesting the more self aware you are in an intra personal way, then you tend to tune in to your intuition and nous,a sort of instinctive survival kit which can often defy rationale, but get results.
    Think of the Max Planck black box experiment which created an absurd answer, but which eventually led to the atomic age and among other things I/T.
    Not everything we see is real, and not everything that is real can be seen but we do have the means of interpreting the probabilities.

• May 30, 2017 at 4:02 am

Well said. I agree to a certain extent too. That’s why I’m a bit sceptical. It’s just me trying to use logic and be a bit realistic but I know these things do work and I hope you’re benefiting from them too 🙂

• July 1, 2018 at 12:24 am

There are people who believe in this law but not all, it seems it may be possible at times but just coincidence sometimes…it only depends on how you deal with it…