Since there is no way you can be anyone else today, remember to consciously be yourself.
Keep the following pointers in mind so that you can have the experience of being simply you.
1. Of course you will notice others and compare yourself to them. This is natural. However, you don’t need to compare yourself negatively. Other people are other people. You are you. Simple.
2. Pay deeper attention to feelings. Don’t react to your feelings. Feel them. Take some extra time to notice where they are located in your body. Notice their shape, texture and temperature. Let them process. It’s so much easier to deal with feelings this way.
3. Keep boundaries clear. Yeah, this advice is so common, but that doesn’t make it less important today. You can say no, do your own thing and let others do the same. This is peace of mind in a nutshell.
4. Take just a few minutes and think about what’s most important to you in life. Make a short list of the top 3 things. These should be cherished thoughts and experiences. Living today with these in mind means you are living on purpose.
5. Focus on getting things done and not wasting your time today. At the end of today, you want that feeling of accomplishment. This is your life – and today is the most important day of it.