6 thoughts on “Mental Health and Self-care: Cleaning Is like Meditation and Yoga

• August 9, 2019 at 4:49 pm

From an OT perspective, cleaning is heavy work so your getting proprioceptive input into your muscles and joints which is calming to nervous system. Remember to use toxic free chemicals or you can cause brain inflammation

• August 12, 2019 at 12:54 pm

Hi Michelle,

Thank you for sharing and for the tip!

Best,
      Jenna

• August 14, 2019 at 3:32 pm

I love your article and I have lived all of my adult life utilizing cleaning to calm stress and anxiety and choosing patience to allow areas in my life to blossom as they were meant to be.
    I have always resorted to cleaning when stressed since I was a teenager. Cleaning is always my 1st choice when coping with adversity.
    And I wholeheartedly agree with you on waiting until you sense the purpose for decorating, arranging, crafting, and so much more.
    Thank you for sharing!

• August 16, 2019 at 2:30 pm

Hi Kimberley,

Thank you for reading! I’m happy to hear cleaning helps you as much as it helps me 🙂

Best,
      Jenna

• September 22, 2019 at 6:32 am

Hello to all! My name is YANG. I was facing depression and anxiety due to an incident which happened to me. I almost lost hope that one day I’ll be a happy person. Then, someone suggested me to view this….. https://bit.ly/2kTwUXu and trust me, it changed the way I used to think before. I recommend this to you all!

• October 11, 2019 at 5:01 pm