6 thoughts on “CPTSD, PTSD and Intergenerational Trauma: Living In a Fight-or-flight Response and 9 Steps to Getting Out

• June 20, 2020 at 5:20 pm

Many of these symptoms are caused by HISTAMINE, the most overlooked (and thus most important) neurotransmitter. Histamine is the number-one cause of mental illness symptoms, but is not even seen as a neurotransmitter at all. Taking antihistamines literally made all my CPTSD symptoms begin to vanish (of course some symptoms take word to get rid of, but that process could not even begin until I got my histamine under control)

I want so badly to bring healing to those suffering, and for many people, they cannot fully heal until they understand the role histamine plays in their symptoms.

• July 3, 2020 at 2:19 pm

Hi Clay,

Thank you for reading and for sharing your experiences 🙂

All My Best,
      Jenna

• June 28, 2020 at 5:18 am

Best description of me I have ever read that made some sense.

• July 3, 2020 at 2:21 pm

Hi Kim,

Thank you for reading and for your comment. It always helps to know we are not alone 🙂

I wish you light and love on your journey to heal.

All My Best,
      Jenna

• July 4, 2020 at 4:47 am

These are all the things I know I should be doing but don’t! I can get myself into a routine for 2 or 3 days then get knocked back down and struggle to get back to all the things I know will help me so much. I am still living through traumatic times though good things are also happening in my life so my hope is that when this current situation (completely outwith my control) is over I will be able to do all these things on a more consistent basis and really move forward with my healing. Thank you for sharing and reminding me of where I want to get to.

• July 16, 2020 at 6:33 pm

Hi Fiona,

Thank you for reading and for sharing. I too get knocked out of my routine, so I totally get it! Feels so good when we’re in it, but it’s so easy to slip out. I find that just doing something for five minutes even helps. Setting a timer. Remembering I can only do one thing at a time.

I hope you are safe and are able to hear yourself as you navigate your current trauma. I wish you light and love on your journey to heal 🙂

All My Best,