7 thoughts on “Whistleblowing: The Legal Cost of Exposing Abuse

• March 23, 2016 at 5:19 am

My darling, I applaud your honesty and your sense of justice. Cease and desist ? Welcome to the real world. Attributing the crazy to you relieves them of their own actions. They have to save face with the church the community and themselves.
    I am writing a book about what it was like to be married to a bipolar narcissist. A coming of age at 60. I knew full well it would have to be rewritten as fiction because while EVERY word is true – the legal system does not always protect the injured party.
    Please consider writing under a pseudonym. I love and admire your honesty but like most victims of a narc was screwed out of money I deserved so I cannot contribute monetarily but will in spirit.

• March 23, 2016 at 12:55 pm

Ha ha, you’re not my sister, but I am seriously wondering if you’re me.

• March 24, 2016 at 8:39 am

Bravo for you for speaking the truth. It’s really hard to sort through all of the craziness and come out the other side as your own person. I talked about your story in therapy yesterday and told my therapist that I know my parents caused some of my anxiety and depression issues, but the bipolar is mine. I wish none of this had happened to you. I can’t donate to you now…unfortunately my stuff is bad enough to require disability which I’m still waiting for. However, if I come up with an extra $20 somewhere, it’s yours.

• March 24, 2016 at 10:03 am

Hi Leslie, Thank you for your wonderful comment! I’m blessed and thrilled that my story has helped you in therapy. Thank you for your generosity, but your prayers mean even more than money. Take care of yourself and I’ll keep writing to help you and others. Thanks again!

~ Lenora

• May 4, 2017 at 11:07 am

Stay strong Lenora,
        I just outed my narcissist but did it in the hope that if other people knew the truth about her, she would drop the facade. I guess I did it because I still care about her, and felt that if I could not wake her up to this, she would be lost and alone forever. Anyway, I will keep you in my prayers.
        Andy

• October 13, 2018 at 12:56 am

Holy crap. I just “whistle blew” today, in a way. I stood up for myself to the members of the family who just appease the narcissists rather than sticking up for what’s right. I got sick of suffering on a daily basis needlessly — just because my boyfriend and I choose to be together, his brother and sister-in-las seem to think we merit no boundaries. I’m so beyond sick of it and literally no one stands up to them except for me. I’m freaked! But I won’t budge this time.