43 thoughts on “Real Life Narcissism In Action

• October 29, 2016 at 4:00 pm

If, after three days of vomiting and splitting headache, you ask for your S/O to stop for a much needed burger because he will pass it anyways and tells you to do it yourself, then you might be with a narcissist.

• October 30, 2016 at 7:18 am

When in treatment for cancer your spouse buys 70 horses and then says” I’m too busy and stressed out to take care of this you deal with it” he might be a narcissist!

• November 2, 2016 at 10:22 pm

Read your comment again.
        Do you see that what you’ve written clearly says that it was your husband who bought the horses when HE was in treatment for cancer.

• October 30, 2016 at 10:14 am

If you are pissed and embarassed that your daughter is bedridden after severe panic attacks and depression so you traumatized your son by telling him his sister is acting that way due to his cat and he should watch over her, and tell all of your dinner party guests later that night that your daughter is suffering from “allergies”, you might be a narcissist.

• October 31, 2016 at 12:53 am

If you criticize your wife for not being able to get a job, yet can’t seem to hold one yourself for more than 6 months, you might be a narcissist.

• October 31, 2016 at 11:11 am

If you plow your car into a man riding his bicycle and he has to be airlifted to the trauma center and you broke his pelvis, ankle and 7 vertebrae and you are hoping you used enough fake tears to get out of the ticket and say he better not be a “dick about this”….then you might be a narcissist.

• October 31, 2016 at 9:32 pm

When you moderate a Narcissist Help page and you can’t stop major smear campaigns against people you don’t even know, you might be a Narcissist!

• November 2, 2016 at 11:41 am

when you criticize a person for trying to spread the word about how damaging narcissism is,you are probably a narcissist

• November 2, 2016 at 10:24 pm

Quit the trolling. This is a serious page.

• November 2, 2016 at 11:33 am

When you constantly insult, fat-shame, and berate your Best Friend, and they call you out on it and then you claim it’s not YOUR fault that they “took it wrong”….you might be a Narcissist.

• November 2, 2016 at 1:02 pm

sounds like this person sure wasn’t your best friend.I had to go no contact with several friends because of their narcissism.I hope you have moved on and found your peace.

• November 2, 2016 at 11:38 am

When you enter a house and the first thing you see is your uncle’s photos of him dressed in formal wear, then you know he is a narcissist.

• November 2, 2016 at 11:39 am

If you hurt your wife and then get mad when she cant keep the house clean,then you are definitely a Narssicist

• November 2, 2016 at 12:03 pm

If your daughters boyfriend threatens to “crush her skull” in front of your grandchild and she asks to stay the night at your house because she’s afraid, and you not only say “no” but you tell her the reason is because she would be “in your face too much for her comfort right now”…you might be a narcissist…

• November 2, 2016 at 1:43 pm

If your estranged husband leaves you at a coffee shop and three days later he wants to take you out to dinner, he is definitely narcissistic.

• November 2, 2016 at 1:53 pm

If your 16 year old daughter had to go pick up your 21-year old drunk and vomiting son and his friends at 2 am and you did nothing when they came home, but had a friendly breakfast with your son the next morning, you are definitely beyond narcissistic.

• November 2, 2016 at 2:20 pm

If your step-daughter, who’s 10 years old, steals you and your husbands change jar, puts the money in a different jar on her dresser, her hair bows in the original change jar, lies to her father about stealing it, then texts her mom to say she’s now not allowed to have a sleep over and her father/your husband hits you because now the ex wife knows he won’t let the daughter have a sleep over, you might be a narcissist with a narcissist daughter.

• November 2, 2016 at 3:36 pm

I sure hope you left this trash behind.I’m constantly amazed at the lowlifes out there.My daughter told me when she was 17 that my husband was right,I am a bitch and she doesn’t have to listen to me.I told her fine,then you can leave,she had a job and a friend to go live with.We eventually started to talk again and I thought we had gotten close, until the last time she called me and wanted money, when she still hasn’t to this day paid me back the money she owes, and I didn’t give her more.That was years ago,she now lives near my narc family.I had to go no contact them and it feels great

• November 2, 2016 at 3:20 pm

If you tell your wife that she doesn’t need to stock up at the grocery store because you won’t be home for a week (but she will), then you might be a narcissist.

• November 2, 2016 at 4:38 pm

You tell your wife you will get her sent to jail so she “make a new friend” you’re surely a narcissist!

• November 2, 2016 at 6:05 pm

When for months on end you leave your elementary school-age daughter (me) to wait 3+ hours after school, alone and in the dark many times and hiding behind bushes when strange cars pull up, so you can meet up with your lover while your husband waits at home for you, you may be a narcissist.

• November 2, 2016 at 10:38 pm

If your boyfriend has his mom break up with you and demand you move out of your shared house via text message from the other room, and then tells you, “I dont know whats going on,” they might both be narcissists.

• November 2, 2016 at 11:02 pm

If you spank your daughter so hard worth a wooden spoon it breaks and then ground her for breaking your favorite spoon, you might be a narcissist.

• November 2, 2016 at 11:05 pm

If you make your fully developed 14 year old daughter stand naked in front of your 10 year old son so he can see “what a woman looks like.” You might be a narcissist.

• January 8, 2018 at 11:27 pm

Dear God in heaven, I hope that bitch/bastard rots in prison.

• November 2, 2016 at 11:07 pm

If you tell the entire family that your son’s funeral starts one hour later than it really does so they all miss it, you might be a narcissist.

• November 2, 2016 at 11:09 pm

If you promise your daughter you will sell her your house if she just leaves her job and moves to your state to help care for her dying brother, and then wait until she arrives into town to tell her you already sold it, you might be a narcissist.

• November 2, 2016 at 11:11 pm

If you tell your son he is obese and needs to go on a diet and “weigh him in” on your bi-monthly visits, then feed him pepperoni pizza and french fries all weekend long, you might be a narcissist.

• November 3, 2016 at 7:41 pm

If you tell your sister that her ex husband(who she has been divorced from for over 15 yrs, and he had remarried and is now deceased for several years) molested you when you were a pre-teen 40 years before, and she says, “how could you do this to me?” you are most definitely dealing with a narcissist.

• November 4, 2016 at 11:01 pm

When your parents give your baby sister to someone else to raise and then wake you up in the middle of the night when you are four years old to make you open a present and inside is a life like baby doll and they tell you that it is your baby sister, then you might be dealing with, what? This is so wrong on so many levels, that I can put several mental disorders on this one.

• November 6, 2016 at 2:32 am

When your military hisband finally retires after 3o years, moves home and seems ok, you are married 2oyears, and in an ordinary day he arrives home with a uhaul and proceeds to pack all of his belongings with no regarded that u are in shock, are crying begging him to talk to you but he manages to clear everything out in 4 hours without uttering a word, drives away and u never see him again, he is a narcissist.
    When you find out later that he was on match.com while sleeping in your bed, and had a job and an apartment ready and waiting for him 10oo miles away, He is a narcissist
    When he turns his kids, the ones you raised againt you with lies he is a narcissist

Please print it will make me so happy

• November 7, 2016 at 12:48 pm

I want to apologize for my post regarding the military husband. It’s full of bad grammar and typos. Laughingly it was very late at night when I wrote it and I was not wearing my glasses.
      My reason for writing this time is I’m curious to know your opinion on what I said? Do you consider his actions the action of a narcisstic personality ? A little bit more of information would probably help. Five years previous to the Sicari I got myself involved with another man. To say I was lonely sad is besides the point. He Courtney. Regardless that I did what I did twice, he said he for gave me. At one point I cried to him and told him yes sorry I was and I truly meant it. We went away as though it never happened. In my mind I believe that he harbored this for years and when the day came that he was no longer in the military and no longer needed me by his side to be presentable to to his Military powers to be, is when he plannned his escape a year and advance. I would really appreciate a response since this has been tormenting me for eight years I have read many many books and articles on Narcissisma personality. And I think that in the 20 years that we were married and he did meet many of the qualifications. But most importantly the way he left me and the damage he caused to me and my family for instance years in therapy and several different antidepressants, diagnosed with PTSD, etc. Is more than I can bear. I just cannot imagine what he thinks or what he was thinking that I did not deserve any type of discussion regarding him wanting out. My next question is why does this still torment me after all these years and all the help that I received. Thank you for any response

• November 7, 2016 at 9:02 pm

When your fifteen year old daughter is in a hospital for a suicide attempt, you decide to get married and go to Europe for a two-month honeymoon, you probably definitely are a narcissist.

• November 13, 2016 at 6:59 am

Is it okay if I ask to be a guest blogger at your blog I have experience with this.

• November 20, 2016 at 6:11 am

When your parent chases you down because you wouldn’t sign over your vehicle after threatening to smash your beloved record player, and a trusted neighbor you run to for help helps drag you home, you are dealing with a narcissist and live in despair as your toddler sibling watches on, helplessly. The smashing was calmly followed through with.

Narcissists create family trauma. I thought the other parent was an angel and was sickened to realize that they married the other one because they, too, are a mess and are now retraumatizing me and the grown toddler who was like a nephew. Have to go no contact with that parent. They send their flying monkeys to stalk in person, on the phone and around the internet. They make it their life’s work to harass but Greater is He Who is in me than he who is in the world. I’m sorry for those on this site, including the author, who were mistreated in the name of church or religion but the true Creator doesn’t condone His children suffering like this or torturing one another. Narcissisism and its fallout is pure evil.

• September 13, 2017 at 10:41 am

When you tell your ex wife your daughter has had a panic attack and she says ” she’s just being dramatic”
    Even though you know very well know the symptoms and signs.

• September 13, 2017 at 10:45 am

If you pull your daughter down to the dining room floor by her hair, hit her and tell her you hate her because she was talking back to you because you were mad at her for not doing her homework and performing in school as you would like and then after the husband reminds You that you did this and you say I never said I hated her and focuses on only the part of her saying she hated her daughter you may be a narcissist

• September 13, 2017 at 11:01 am

When asked that you share custody 50-50 and you reply ” but I’ll get no money ” and then when reminded later that you did in fact say this and your reply is ” I never said that ”
    You may be a narcissist

• September 13, 2017 at 11:05 am

When your family stands behind your ex-husband and you do everything you can to sever his relationships with them and fail because they see that he is not the person that that you say he is when they in fact saw the way you treated him through the entire marriage and had also suffered from your behavior you may be a narcissist

• October 15, 2017 at 7:41 pm

If, after watching a TV show in which the longsuffering adult daughter caters to her mother’s every whim, you turn to your own daughter and tell her, “I wish someone would kiss MY @$$ to get along with me,” you might be a narcissist.

If your adult daughter tells you it makes her nervous when you unleash tirades in the kitchen, and you respond with, “I could always leave if you don’t want me around,” you might be a narcissist

If you recruit your brother to help you put your daughter on a guilt trip because you want a specific book she can’t find (but you tell him “she won’t get it for me”), stand over her while she searches used-book sites to be sure she orders the most expensive copy, and then pout because you “wanted a nicer copy,” you might be a narcissist.

If you insist on a new purse because your daughter bought herself one for a new job (“You got yourself one!”), then complain because the two purses your daughter gets you aren’t exactly like hers, you might be a narcissist.

If you call your daughter’s sanity into question because she presses down hard when she colors, and then get your feelings hurt when she’s offended, you might be a narcissist.

If you “lovingly” console your grieving daughter by telling her, “Maybe God took your dog away from you because he knew you loved her more than you love him. He wants to be number one in your life, so he’s going to do what he has to,” you might be a narcissist.

If you give your high-school honor-student daughter the third degree while she’s trying to do her homework, and you accuse her of doing drugs because she finally gets tired of being asked the same questions, you might be a narcissist. (There was no reason for the questions.)

If you stand over your adult daughter while she’s working in the kitchen and “helpfully” point out that she’s doing everything wrong, then tearfully tell your doctor you’re being abused after your daughter asks you to leave the kitchen, you might be a narcissist.

~~~

If you tell your daughter you hope she gets her antidepressants soon because she’s a real b**** for raising her voice to you after you kept needling and antagonizing her for nearly half an hour because she misspoke, you might be a narcissist.

If you accuse your daughter of having a bad attitude because she’s not cheerful and smiling after you wake her up at 7:00 on a Saturday morning for no reason, and then blithely sigh, “That’s no reason for you not to smile. Just go back to bed if you’re so tired,” you might be a narcissist.

If you agree to take your daughter (who works with you) to the grocery store on the way home from work, and then huff, “If you’re going to shop, you’re going to do it my way,” even though she’s paying, you might be a narcissist.

If you call your son an idiot when he has trouble with something he’s helping you with, and then cry to your brother that you don’t know what your son’s problem is (“He won’t do [X] for me.”), you might be a narcissist.

If your daughter tells you she’s tired of your snide comments, and you respond with “I guess it doesn’t matter to you if you p!$$ ME off,” when you had never come out and told her what you were expecting from her, you might be a narcissist.

If you begin touching your adult daughter inappropriately while your wife is in the hospital, and then tell your daughter to stop crying because she just doesn’t understand your needs, you might be a narcissist.

If, years later, you use an injury as an opportunity to touch your daughter inappropriately again, and then try to laugh it off because you enjoy it, you might be a narcissist.

If, two days later, you innocently ask your daughter if she’s angry with you about something, after your son had already told you she was, and then refuse to apologize when she tells you she *is* angry, you might be a narcissist.

If you then morosely complain that your daughter isn’t very affectionate toward you, even after you’ve done such a good job forcing yourself not to touch her again, you might be a narcissist.

If you take your daughter before your pastor and accuse her of being demon-possessed because she finally had enough of your deliberately provoking her with snide and hurtful remarks, you might be a narcissist.

If you tell your daughter that you shouldn’t have to say “please” and “thank you” to her because you’re the parent, you might be a narcissist.

If you reduce your daughter to tears on Thanksgiving because you admit to making snide remarks, then tell her to leave because you can’t deal with her, you might be a narcissist.

If your daughter, in the throes of depression, tells you she’s thinking of suicide, and you respond with “That’s bull$#!+. You don’t want to kill yourself. If you REALLY wanted to kill yourself, you’d do it instead of just talking $#!+,” you might be a narcissist.

If your teenaged daughter tells you the youth pastor is verbally abusing the youth group, and your response is to harrumph, “Uh, who’re you supposed to be looking at? God or [the youth pastor]?,” you might be a narcissist.

~~~

If you, a professing man of God, tell a member of your staff, “It’s not my job to listen to you. It’s your job to listen to mel The only response I ever want to hear from you is ‘Yes, Sir,'” you might be a narcissist.

If, after being asked to offer comfort and support to that (former) staff member’s hospitalized mother, you instead seize the opportunity to further personally attack her daughter, you might be a narcissist.

If you recruit members of both your family and the former staff member’s family to work toward reconciliation, but you once again spend the whole discussion telling her she just took everything wrong and just needed to be more meek and submissive, you might be a narcissist.

If the former staff member refuses any further attempts at “reconciliation,” and you respond by telling anyone who will listen that she was just bitter and rebellious

These are just some of my stories…

• December 9, 2017 at 7:43 am

If you constantly verbally and emotionally attack your spouse about his/her parents that you see for only a few days about 4-5 times per year, adamantly claim that his/her mother is a narcissist and does very specific and detailed passive-aggressive things to you as soon as your spouse leaves the room and only you and his/her mother are there, expect your spouse confront his/her parents about every infraction large or petty because you won’t address anything directly, berate your spouse when something isn’t fully addressed with his/her parents but then when on rare occasion your spouse says he/her felt humiliated addressing something that was misinterpreted, you claim that you “didn’t tell [your spouse] to say anything to them … and then years later when it finally comes out that many of the specific and detailed accusations were gross exaggerations or outright lies, you claim that you really didn’t have a problem with your spouse’s parents after all, and that the problems were based on your spouse’s own problems with his/her parents from childhood, you might be a narcissist.

• December 9, 2017 at 8:01 am

If you reluctantly agree to get a family dog that your spouse really wants, but although you do apparently take good enough care of the dog, you complain and criticize everything about the dog at low but continuous level, including publicly telling people that you do not like dogs, you do not like this particular dog, that the best you can ever tell your spouse about your feelings of the dog is that you “don’t want anything bad to happen to it,” etc. to the point that your spouse completely regrets (for years) ever getting a dog at all, when you criticize when your spouse is petting the dog, make annoyed faces and barely tolerant/abrupt petting of the dog when it comes to you for attention in front of your spouse, criticize your spouse for greeting the dog first when he/she comes home from work, despite the fact that is the dog that greets your spouse first while no one else does, etc. …

… Well, nearly all of the above by itself could be characterized as a contentious issue with a lot of misunderstandings among the wide range of “normal” married people,

But…

Every now and then your youngest child out of the blue tells your spouse in front of you, “Today mommy/daddy was really petting [dog] and saying, ‘[Dog] I love you,” and you immediately and abruptly tells your youngest child to stop talking about that!!!!, and…

After separation, when the dog still lives with you but your spouse watches the dog during a trip you take, and your spouse wants to keep the dog just one more night and return it the next day, you confront and demand that your spouse return the dog immediately because you miss it. And, yes, you’ve always loved the dog and how DARE your spouse EVER question your feelings about the dog…!!!

Well, you’re ‘something else’ for sure.

• January 12, 2018 at 1:49 pm

This one’s involved and is going to see a lot of commas.

When you cheat on your husband with a 21 year old Indian you met on Facebook when you are 48, then tell your 16 year old son “I am going to divorce your dad for my personal growth, I hope you feel happy for me” just a few weeks before divorcing your husband because he had a stroke and became invalid mentally and physically, took college money that was given to your son by his grandfather and partially raised by your son as well through summer jobs, used that money to force the recently-divorced ex to move into the other half-lot next to yours, THEN force the 16 year old kid to become POA, assume all legal responsibilities and do the 24-hour healthcare including diaper changes and bathing the ex so you don’t have to spend a penny on your divorce and go to court, THEN tell your kid he is a thankless f****** piece of s*** who owes you everything and how expensive they were to raise after he complains about you spending his college money on selfish and manipulative things, force a loaded ladybird deed into ex’s will promising that land you sold with your son’s money to be promised to the son (except include a hidden and forced verbal clause with the son that you are taking that land back legally because it was YOUR rightful money and land), then proceed to starve your son by going to Canada every other weekend to see your 23 year old boytoy (which you also manipulate through money and a Visa), brag you pay for his college to your son and never leave food or grocery money for him in the house because he should be doing a full-time job on top of 24-hour ex care and college, you are definitely sick. And you might (very likely) be a narcissist.