6 thoughts on “Violate “No Contact” by Dropping By and I’ll Call 9-1-1

• June 12, 2018 at 8:39 am

Fantastic article, as usual Lenora! I hope you are O.K.

• June 12, 2018 at 9:20 am

I’m glad you’re okay, Lenora. I totally understand your frustration with narcissists who do not understand or honor your insistence on “no contact”.

During the first week of my no contact with my father, he called 911 paramedics 10 to 11 times, sometimes twice a day, in an effort to get me out of my house to see what was going on next door at his house. I ignored the blaring sirens and flashing lights every time. Frankly, at that point I didn’t care if he died. The volunteer paramedics finally told my younger brother to stop our father from wasting their time and resources on non-events, and brother told our father to knock it off. Father sent me a constant barrage of emails and text messages trying to hoover me back for over a year. I answered none of them. He enlisted other family members to gaslight and attempt to shame me for ‘abandoning’ him. I ignored all of them. No contact means no contact. Period. To truly implement no contact, you have to be informed about what you are dealing with and to develop a ramrod stiff backbone and thick skin. Thank you for helping me do that.

• June 12, 2018 at 11:58 am

Wow! You are a ninja on No Contact. Good job! You inspire me.

• June 12, 2018 at 3:50 pm

Hi Lenora,
        Thank you so much for your articles. You not only inspire and teach us, you provide humor to a serious subject.
        Do you think that the narcissists who are trying to invade your boundaries would love the drama and narcissistic supply if you called the authorities?
        I think my relatives, who I have been no contact with for three, years would love the drama if I did that. Luckily, I moved far far away.
        If so, now what do you do? Would there be less narcissistic fuel if you just didn’t answer the door or simply walked off with no expression if they showed up? Let them bang on the door until their hands bleed while you put on earphones and listen to soft music after closing the curtains and locking the door. All the best to you and Michael. Fnd the hidden humor in the situation.

• June 12, 2018 at 4:20 pm

On second thought… Perhaps involving the law is the only way to get these unbalanced folks to leave you alone. Police involvement, restraining orders, legal action — powerful tools.

• June 13, 2018 at 4:26 pm

OMGosh Lenora. I adore you! I have a few friends on my side, including my supportive husband, for going no contact and they understand the very real and very deep, profound trauma suffered in lives like ours at no fault of our own. And they are able to see and admire my courage and wisdom that is unfortunately too often not recognized as such. Michael is fortunate to have you in his life. I hope you both are ok. Thank you for standing up for him, you, me, and our castles of refuge. I’m lucky enough to know that there ARE others who didn’t go thru it who can still see the real reality of the situation (at many levels)- That I am deserving of safety, compassion, love, and understanding, and that I need support being defended. I still suffer fallout, like you described in this post, and it throws my for a loop, but truth is my friend and knowing I stand up for that truth brings a character building peace of mind. YOU have been part of my journey, and I am, and have been, strengthened by you for years now on this blog. Thank you so much. I cry and smile with joy at the thot of you. I would hug you and tell you a million thanks! We are the same age and went no contact at the same time without even knowing each other and I think we’re pretty neat. Stand strong. It matters to me. Keep speaking your heart and mind and know how many times I’m stunned at how they’re my words I have in my heart and mind.