16 thoughts on “The Dramatic Untold Story of how Narcissists tried to Hijack this Blog

• December 3, 2017 at 11:32 pm

My pleasure. It was actually fun to write it!

• December 4, 2017 at 8:08 am

Lenora, you are my hero! Your blog has been incredibly helpful to me, and I just want to express my appreciation. I am a 59 year old woman, and I am just 1 year no contact with my abusive elderly parents and flying monkey siblings. It has been the happiest and most peaceful year of my life. I only wish that I had had the access to information that the internet facilitates when I was your age. It would have saved me many years of turmoil. But I have been so fortunate to have a supportive husband and 2 amazing children of my own. My children are grown up and married and have started families of their own. I use all the pain of my past to become the best mother, wife, and grandmother to my 2 little granddaughters that I can be.

So thank you for your bravery and perseverance.

• January 10, 2019 at 3:16 pm

I am only 31 and I have the exact same thing to say as you. I have no contact with my parents and 4 siblings for 2 years . I have 4 children of my own and the best thing I can do is be the best mom I possibly can with all the knowledge I gained from being raised in a narcisssist family and how u can properly raise them instead of destroy them. Unfortunately i had to pay cash to be reparented by a licenced professional… But it was the best money I have ever spent! Real peace!

• December 4, 2017 at 10:54 am

Thank you for being firm, you have helped us a lot! I have been through many of the things you talk about in your articles. Keep it up! You are NOT alone!

• December 4, 2017 at 11:46 am

This is incredible! I love that the psychologist was able to see past the manipulation. As my grandfather always said, ” The empty tin can rattles the loudest”.

• December 31, 2017 at 9:15 pm

Right on! Your grandfather sounds very wise! May justice prevail! Lenora Thompson, I really am so grateful to have ran across your articles, truly freeing and empowering; thank you for your courage and helping me find my voice.

• December 31, 2017 at 11:36 pm

So glad to be of help to you. Happy New Year!

• December 5, 2017 at 12:53 pm

Thank you for being so strong! I too have thought about writing about the abuse I suffered from my narcissitc mother. But I know if I do it I will be targeted.

• December 5, 2017 at 12:53 pm

• December 5, 2017 at 7:14 pm

Thank you for writing this. So sad that you had to go through all of that, but so much more happy that you fought it and won <3

• March 1, 2018 at 10:46 pm

This kind of thing is actually common among narc abuse bloggers. A similar thing happened to me 6 years ago. After my narcs threatened me with a lawsuit, I told the police, then told them to never contact me again lest I press harassment charges. They kept hitting my blog constantly, and only four months ago did I stop seeing them. (They’ll probably be back again sometime.) I could tell from their behavior that they were trying to intimidate me just by reading it. And yes–Their behavior confirmed my armchair diagnosis, just as you said. I love that First Amendment!

• June 10, 2018 at 11:53 pm

Thankyou for sharing your story,it is comforting to know you aren’t alone.I had a child with a man who I strongly suspect is a narcissist and his mother also.That family was like a cult and I am just happy me and my daughter escaped relatively unscathed but we live with the trauma everyday.

• August 30, 2018 at 12:59 am

Thank-you so very much! Your articles have brought much light and peace into my turmoil today. I’d like to share a scripture that also came into my path, today. It pertains to sharing scripture/bible/spirituality/what you had for lunch, etc. with narcissists:

“Do not give what is holy to the dogs; nor cast your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you in pieces.
    Matthew 7:6 (NKJV)

I made the ugly mistake of sharing with my mom about my journey back into the bible. BIG mistake!

For those of you who are turned off by God. Don’t give up. It took me 30+ years to undo what Mom and Dad had unintentionally done in my life. When you do open up to God, consider keeping it to yourself and ONLY those you know you can trust! Otherwise, you may be torn to bits!

Lenora, thank-you so very much!

• December 12, 2018 at 10:11 am

You were quick to figure out these blood sucking vampires from HELL!! I was.49 before it all came crashing down on me. Unlike most people who finally cut all contact with a narcissistic family, I felt like my entire world was imploding before eyes. And I already knew about narcissism!! I just couldn’t see the forest for the trees. I actually thought God was punishing me for my past mistakes by taking my family away from me. It’s been 5 years (Whoo! how time flies!) Since I cut all contact with my entire family but it wasn’t by choice. One sister, who btw, is the most malignant of all the narcs in my family had decided at the first of the year 2013 that I was completely unforgivable and unworthy of her mighty presence because I had been addicted to prescription pain medication after having endured 7 spinal operations in 9 years. I went to rehab in December of.2007 and since then had one slip up that lasted 4 days in August of 2012. Other than that I have turned my life completely around. But it was my “grave mistake” that she needed to confirm I was indeed the disgrace of the family. Funny how narcs take one thing you did and make it MONSTROUS yet they can not see all their own flaws. She’s an active alcoholic!!
    Anyway, it wasn’t hard for her to make me the scapegoat of the family and they all abandoned me after finding out I had cervical cancer and needed a total hysterectomy the day before Thanksgiving that year. Then my evil covert narcissistic mother put her stamp on it when just 2 weeks after my hysterectomy she wanted me to have Christmas for my family that year at my house. From that moment until December 23 she was constantly planning that Christmas dinner and activities with me telling me they would “all be there by 1pm at the latest”. Only to have nobody show up, call us to say they weren’t coming, answer the phone the numerous times we tried to call and kept us, my husband and three children and two friends we had invited, wait all day until dinner was ruined to call and say they weren’t coming with some stupid excuse when she knew my entire family was only 15 minutes down the road celebrating Christmas all day without a single word. That was the last straw. But it took me 4 years to overcome the pain. Today I am so happy and now I know that God was NOT punishing me, it was a gift. He knew i would never leave them so he took them so I could live.
    Thank you for your blog. It’s validation for so many of us who have never been validated in our lives.

• January 22, 2019 at 2:31 pm

I know a narcissist woman who has the acting ability of an Oscar winning actress. She can cry at the drop of a hat. The lies she has told has torn her families apart. Really sad. This blog has opened my eyes. Thanks to all who have shared.