8 thoughts on “The Narcissistic Wife and her Henpecked Husband

• September 11, 2017 at 11:34 pm

and narcisstic women destroy their children. They’re better off without. Stay away. My mother is like this and everyone feels so sorry for my poor dad.

• December 18, 2017 at 8:29 am

I have felt sorry for my dad as well but no longer should. I got out, no one saved me, no one helped me. I had to study the situation formally through years of therapy and workshops and books and suffer terribly through being targeted in many situations that replicated the one at home but I indeed separated from the demonic force of my mother, by free will. My father has free will. He WANTS the benefits of his life — to be seen as acceptable to his side of the family (her side is all alienated), to be seen by the public as being in an intact marriage (v. divorce stigma), to be comforted by lack of change (a.k.a., not to suffer the upheavals I have in excavating the poison she issued and which I had absorbed as her target). Additionally, his decision to choose this benefit plan made my mother worse, because it enabled her, and exposed me to worse, including attempted murder. It’s not true that he’s helpless. It’s true that he’s hapless.

• September 12, 2017 at 7:45 pm

He got off lightly.
    Mine poisoned, beat, cheated, perverse triangulation’d, tortured via food, attempted murder.
    Watch “Married to Medusa”, he plans to out breed psycho’s. It’s possible.
    Good luck guys.

• December 18, 2017 at 8:37 am

Interestingly identical pattern here, as an offspring, due to the demonic force of my mother. If I get through this life as if free of the programming and the haunting (including attempted murder), it will be a miracle and one that I deserve.

• March 11, 2018 at 6:32 am

Great insight and thank you for sharing. I think the incident of female narcissism is probably higher than we realize, possibly because men do not complain about it as much as they can or maybe should. Often men just assume women are being over-emotional and they tolerate abuse more than necessary.

• September 6, 2018 at 5:39 pm

Oh boy, this is very close to describing my parents. They are not as bad as the above story but the part about when the husband comes home from work and the wife does nothing but order him around and insult him…that’s my parents. My dad’s the nicest guy and I’ve never heard him say a bad thing about anyone. My mom is a pretty horrible person who has everyone fooled but me into thinking she’s smart and loving and perfect. OK, there are a few others who have figured it out but mostly she’s got everyone fooled. She messed me up royally and I will always hate her. But, now, she’s old and in very poor health, and a lot of pain, and looks pathetic. I figure she’s finally getting what she deserves and I don’t feel sorry for her. I am looking forward to her death. I will finally be free. But I am worried about my dad. He can’t even think for himself anymore after 50 years of being criticized and insulted and ordered around. I just hope he doesn’t emotionally collapse when she’s gone.

• November 13, 2018 at 10:12 am

I live with a narcissist wife. She’s a Dr and Im a professional but Im still looked down on. Told Im not handsome because I really don’t spend much time on myself (Prepping) Although other women compliment me. Im constantly verbally abused over and over again especially if she has her own feelings hurt. Its no holds barred and the hurtful words that are spewed from her mouth
    have ever lasting effects. Its a shame, Ive never met someone so bitter.

• November 14, 2018 at 10:44 am

This is my parents all the way. I myself realized what my mom was doing and I was starting to do it to my daughter, she was in her teens and I sat her down and apologized to her and told her I was wrong and this is not how life is supposed to be.. Fast forwarding, back in June my mom had a couple of falls and has ended up in a nursing home for a long term stay. She can’t walk. She is 71 and my dad is 70 she insists when he is there that he picks her up and does everything for her. She has perfected the use of guilt as a control mechanism. He already has a bad neck and he feels guilty if he doesn’t help her. Next year they have been married 40 years. So now that she is a nursing home she is ten times worse than she was when she was home. The verbal abuse is so bad that he fell off the 25 yrs of the dry alcohol wagon and drank himself into stooper last night. He is a nasty mean drunk. We have recently moved in with him to help financially and mentally support him. I cannot get him to stop letting her do this to him and in turn I cannot support him when he drinks. I don’t know what to do. I feel like this is going to tear my family apart. With Thanksgiving right around the corner we are talking about bringing her home for the day. I think this is a terrible idea but my dad feels obligated to do so. Any suggestions would be appreciated greatly.