6 thoughts on “The Impatience of Narcissists

• May 20, 2017 at 6:56 pm

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Know I understand much better why I am not able to walk in a relaxed pace and always feel time pressured and stressed.

From now on I will teach myself to walk somewhere without being half out of breath and remind myself that I have no need to feel stressed.

Regards
    Cori

• May 20, 2017 at 7:13 pm

I find some solace in knowing I’m not alone in the struggle, but I hate that anyone goes through this. My (soon-to-be-ex) husband meets all the criteria. There was no time to appreciate a museum, scenery, hike, or family time. No, sir! I’d have to hear him bitch about how I was throwing off his schedule, his legs hurt from working out, he was tired, he needed to be grading or writing his “novel,” there were too many bugs, all the other people were annoying, using a public bathroom with low-grade toilet paper inflamed his hemorrhoids and it was my fault for wanting to go…

• May 20, 2017 at 7:47 pm

Sounds like a real pain in the….oops. 😉 Thanks for sharing!

• May 23, 2017 at 1:27 am

Wow, this resonates so much! And (TMI warning), my husband also has to tell me over and over that I can take my time, especially in bed. Our sex life is pretty much summed up by ‘I’m sorry I’m taking so long!’ followed by ‘honey I could do this all day, it’s fine!’. Putting my needs first and taking my time is SO HARD because to this day my mother’s impatience haunts me.

• July 4, 2019 at 4:10 am

I have idenitfied some narcisstic traits about myself and was wondering if i had had NPD – but this article sadly proves it to even me. The fury I feel at waiting, the unacceptable slowness of literally everybody else in th world enrages me – time to take a long hard look at myself and my behaviour. But, in true narc form (taking no responsiblity for my own actions) its not intentional, I dont mean to behave like this, its just there its as automatic as breathing. And everybody IS slow and annoying so I’m just reacting to their incapability to get anything done! Oh god I know its awful and if it helps I’m starting to see how badly I behave.

• July 4, 2019 at 11:09 am

Then you’re a narcissist-in-a-million because most don’t observe themselves let alone admit to feeling shame. Good for you! 😀 Of course, if were talking about the slow, annoying crowds at WalMart, we ALL feel that way! LOL

I’ve recently started taking a homeopathic calming supplement from Walgreens called “Calms Forte.” It took away my irritation like magic. Just kinda’ smoothed out life and made me feel more patient and more peaceful. Not a solution for NPD but life and people are annoying especially if you’re someone with a high IQ!

Thanks for reading my article. I wish you well on your healing journey!

Lenora