6 thoughts on “How to Declare Your Independence from Narcissists

• July 12, 2018 at 1:15 pm

I’ve learned so much from Dr. Neuharth, so a big thanks to him! It is all so very fascinating. There is one difficulty that many people face, and that is, what if the narcissist is your boss? (It must feel equally if not more difficult if the person is your spouse.). So if you really don’t want to lose your job or can’t afford to, how does one survive a narcissistic boss?

• July 19, 2018 at 5:25 pm

I LOVE this! I’m giving a short presentation on surviving narcissitic abuse next week. This will definitely be shared. Thank you for all your insightful, informative articles. You are very generous. They are gifts!

• July 23, 2018 at 4:49 pm

Thank You from the bottom of my heart for writing this & putting it out there. In 5 years of reading & searching, This is exactly what hit the spot. A friend of mine suggested to hold a mach funeral for my ex who is a malignant narcissist. This is even Better. For myself. Thank You

• September 29, 2018 at 3:18 pm

Your articles help me when I work with my clients! Thank you for the work that you are doing!
    Dianna Bowlen, LCSW
    Gresham, Oregon

• October 2, 2018 at 10:27 am

Thank you for your blog! It is so nice to have a professional in the field writing articles to help people navigate interactions and relationships with narcissists. I’ve shared multiple articles and directed people to your blog on numerous occasions. So thank you so much for taking your time to make this information available to the masses!

• July 26, 2019 at 3:25 am

I was married to narcissist # one for 19 years and narcissist # two for 22 years. There were good times as well in both marriages, however; in marriage number one money was his tool used as power over me.
    In marriage number two sex was used as a tool as power and control over me.
    I was the petitioner in both marriage dissolutions.
    I did not learn about narcissistic behavior until after my second marriage ended in Nov 2014. I have put myself in counseling which has helped me heal.
    I am capable of spotting narcissistic behavior now in any person not just an ex-spouse.
    It was a hard lesson to learn but definitely worth it.