5 Summer School Field Trips in Michigan (or Trips Just for Fun)
I am from Michigan. I also have my kids participate in home-school summer-school activities so they don’t experience that summer slide that some kids do over the summer break from general public school. I think learning should be enjoyable and I want my kids to have hands-on experiences as well as typical academic type activities.
If you live in or near Michigan, the following locations might be of interest to you. You may consider taking your kids to these destinations for a summer-school field trip or simply for the fun of it.
- Sloan Museum.
- See the Titanic Artifact Exhibition until September 3rd (2017).
- The Creature Conservatory
- Learn about various unique animals
- Mackinac City
- See Colonial Michilimackinac to see and learn about a reconstructed 1715 French fur-trading village and military outpost
- Upper Peninsula
- Visit Michigan’s upper peninsula and participate in sight-seeing and learning all about nature, hiking, waterfalls, a mine, a shipwreck tour, a lighthouse, and much more.
- Located on Lake Michigan in the Upper Peninsula, this city houses “The Big Springs,” “Kitch-iti-kipi, a forty foot deep and Michigan’s largest spring.”
Photo by kevin dooley
Gilmore, H. (2017). 5 Summer School Field Trips in Michigan (or Trips Just for Fun). Psych Central. Retrieved on September 19, 2017, from https://blogs.psychcentral.com/mommy-matters/2017/06/5-summer-school-field-trips-in-michigan-or-trips-just-for-fun/