5 Tasks to Reduce the Stress of Housework (in Less Than 40 Minutes a Day)
It can be difficult to keep up on the housework with kids who often make one mess after another. The simple day-to-day tasks also create more cleaning up to do.
Some of the daily tasks that add to the amount of cleaning that needs to be done include making meals and laundry. So, you can’t necessarily ignore certain chores. However, if you learn to prioritize housework, it will make life a little easier and will make keeping up a bit more doable.
If you prioritize these five tasks, your house will feel cleaner more often and life will feel slightly less stressful. Try doing these five things daily even if you don’t get any other chores done.
- Keeping the sink clean. Do the dishes and wipe out the sink. (Estimated time: up to 20 minutes)
- Take out the trash. Don’t let the trash overflow. Even if it isn’t full, take out the trash every day. It ensures that your house doesn’t get a faint smell of yucky stuff and makes sure that your trash can never overflow. Plus, it just reduces the stress of having a full trash can. (Estimated time: up to 2 minutes)
- Nothing on the living room floor. Make sure there is nothing on the living room floor that doesn’t belong. This will definitely help with the peace you feel in your living room. (Estimated time: up to 10 minutes)
- Quick bathroom pick up. Quickly pick up anything on your bathroom floor, bathroom sink, and bathroom counter tops. Wipe down the sink and toilet if needed. (Estimated time: up to 5 minutes)
- Clean the table. Make sure there is nothing on your table. Wash the table to make sure there is no food debris on it, too. (Estimated time: up to 3 minutes)
TOTAL TIME: Less Than 40 Minutes!
If you do these five things every day, you will feel less overwhelmed with housework and will find that you feel a little more in control of your life. Depending on your house and your family, it is estimated that these five tasks will take less than 40 minutes. If you get your kids to help, it will take even less time. 🙂
I hope these tips help. It certainly is worth finding those tips that help you live life with more peace and happiness. This strategy could certainly be a way that will help your well-being. It certainly does for me when I keep up on these things.
Gilmore, H. (2017). 5 Tasks to Reduce the Stress of Housework (in Less Than 40 Minutes a Day). Psych Central. Retrieved on December 11, 2017, from https://blogs.psychcentral.com/mommy-matters/2017/05/5-tasks-to-less-stress-with-housework-in-less-than-40-minutes-a-day/