Are you a parent of a toddler? If so, you probably know how the toddler stages seem to bring a certain challenge to parenting. Don’t worry, though, so many of us moms experience similar challenges during these early years of parenting. Some of the most common struggles that occur during the toddler years include:
- not sleeping through the night
- Maybe your toddler needs you near him or her all night or maybe she wakes up multiple times during the night.
- potty training issues
- When is the right time to start potty training and how do you go about introducing potty training.
- tantrums and whining
- Toddlers can certainly express their frustration sometimes. Sometimes they just get overwhelmed or overly tired or hungry. Problem behaviors might start showing up, such as tantrums, complaining, and whining.
- how to keep up on housework
- Being a mother of a toddler is hard work. It requires a lot of attention and energy to care for a toddler. This makes the house cleaning even more difficult than usual.
- separation anxiety
- Some toddlers have a hard time separating from their parents. This affects some toddlers more than others.
- bothering older siblings
- One of the most common problems with toddlerhood is when the toddler “annoys” (according to the siblings) their older brother and sister.
- concerns about electronics.
- Should toddlers use them or not? What is recommended for allowing screen time for toddlers?
TO FIND OUT MORE INFORMATION ABOUT EACH OF THESE PARENTING PROBLEMS OF THE TODDLER YEARS AND TO FIND SOLUTIONS FOR HOW TO HANDLE THEM, go to: www.parentingtoddlers.org and sign up to receive the FREE EXPERT TIP SHEET: 7 Expert Solutions to Your Toddler Parenting Concerns You Can Use Right Now