Are you a parent of a toddler? Are you feeling overwhelmed? Or would you simply like to know how to use time more effectively and not feel so scattered?
Follow this 5 step time management action plan to reduce stress, increase productivity, and live a happier, more peaceful life through this wonderful, beautiful, chaotic time of life raising your toddler.
5 STEP TIME MANAGEMENT ACTION PLAN
- Put Your Chaos Into A List
- Start this process by listing out everything that you need to do. Either use paper and pencil or type your list. Just keep putting down everything you can think of that you need to get done.
- Plan Your Attack on Time Management
- Sort your list into categories (such as things that I need to do for the kids, for the home, for work, for food-purposes, etc.)
- Identify when you can address certain tasks (such as in part of a daily routine or just plugging away at tasks on a Saturday like by using productivity sprints – See the FREE expert tip sheet for info on this strategy.)
- Take baby steps
- Start addressing small tasks right away.
- Recognize your progress
- Sometimes we get overwhelmed by all the things that need to get done, but we should give ourselves credit for what we do accomplish.
- Maintain success
- Know that it’s okay if you miss a day or two here and there or if you stray from your plan. Simply remind yourself of your plan and remind yourself of why you are trying to get better at time management (to experience more peace and fulfillment out of life and to decrease stress – or whatever your reason happens to be).
- Then re-commit and continue with the process.
For more time management hacks for parents of toddlers, see the Expert Tip Sheet:
7 Simple & Unique Time Management Tips for Parents of Toddlers