Here is a 7-day kid-friendly healthy dinner plan especially for those kids who need to eat healthier and for any moms (like me) who want to have their family become healthier eaters. When I am trying to come up with new dinner recipes, I prefer dishes that are simpler to make. I’m already so busy, and typically exhausted as it is, that it can be frustrating to be missing an ingredient from a recipe I planned to make. It’s much easier to try new recipes if they are simple to make and also end up tasting good, too.
MONDAY: Easy Chicken Enchiladas
- Have a side of rice (small portion) and sautéed bell peppers
TUESDAY: Baked Chicken Nuggets
- Have a side of salad or baked potato or sweet potato fries
WEDNESDAY: Black Bean Quesadillas
- Have with a small portion of brown rice
THURSDAY: Sesame Shrimp-Veggie Stir Fry
- This has so many good nutrients, you don’t really need a side, but if you want one, consider a light salad or small portion of rice
FRIDAY: Hidden Veggie Pizza Recipe
- Try a side of cauliflower breadsticks (healthier than regular bread sticks)
SATURDAY: Perfect Veggie Omelette Recipe
- Have some fruit (like grapes, sliced peaches, or apples) for a side
SUNDAY: Rainbow Buddha Bowls for Kids
- Have some fruit on the side for this dish, too. This one looks super fun
My kids approved all of these recipes and said they looked good and that they would eat them. Some of these recipes we have already tried with slight variations. For the ones we haven’t tried yet, we will definitely be trying soon.