The holidays brings lots of get-togethers with close and extended family members. Halloween and Thanksgiving have come and gone. Next, is the Christmas season. I am hosting a Christmas party this year for my family (two adults and our three kids) and my three siblings and their significant others and three kids each as well as for my mother and grandmother.
I am not the biggest fan of hosting parties. There is a lot of pressure and lots of details to put together, but I do believe in family and love and spending time with those you care about doing things that bring joy to life.
My family likes food and we will be having plenty of food at every holiday party. Here is what our Christmas party menu is likely going to look like. I thought I would share it with you in case you are struggling to come up with a menu yourself. Feel free to use this plan or adjust it to suit your own needs and preferences.
- French Dip Sliders: There are a lot of recipes out there for this, but here is a sample.
- Chicken and Gnocchi Olive Garden Copycat Soup
- Homemade Bread Sticks: Here is a link to Copycat Olive Garden Bread Sticks
- Mashed Potatoes and Gravy
- Lil Smokies in BBQ Sauce
- Cheese and Sausage Tray
- Surprise Appetizers (My twin sister will be bringing some dishes that I do not know what they are yet.)
- Oreo Pudding Dessert (My daughter chose this. She loves Oreo desserts.)
- Pumpkin Pie (My son chose this. His favorite dessert.) Here is a recipe for this although there are variations.
- Homemade, From-Scratch, Cinnamon Rolls: Here is an excellent recipe that I have tried and it turns out amazing.
- Christmas Shortcake Bites
- Random 2-Liters (Whatever my brother brings)
image credit: studioworkstock via Fotalia