Organizing our homes (and keeping them that way) can be a challenge! However, it can bring more sanity to us moms as well as our kids and our spouses when we put effort into organizing our homes. I will provide ideas for some super awesome home organization ideas. I have tried and love all of these.
- Put bins in your fridge to organize the food (such as a bin for vegetables and a bin for leftovers). This seriously made a major difference in how my fridge looked and how it feels opening the door to get food for a snack or a meal.
- Use pieces of cardboard to make smaller areas in your dresser drawers. Don’t let perfectionism get the best of you. I just cut pieces of cardboard from a cardboard box. They weren’t cut perfectly, but it made an amazing difference in how I felt about the organization of my clothes.
- Sort your kitchen pantry or shelves by using storage containers.
- Use a kleenex box or storage container to store plastic bags.
- Have only one spot for each type of items in your house. For example, stuffed animals should all be in one spot. Canned foods should all be in one spot. And winter items (like hats and gloves) should be in one spot.
- Always have a “yard sale” box sitting in an easily accessible spot in your house. We have done this for years. It makes it way easy to get things out of the way that you don’t want anymore during normal day to day cleaning or during decluttering times.
- Have a filing cabinet with labeled files. Slowly work on getting your filing cabinet organized if its not. Throw away as many papers as you can, though.
- Put your cleaning supplies in easily accessible areas even if it’s not that pretty. For instance, leave your broom where you can grab it fairly quickly. The easier things are to do, the more likely we are to do them 🙂
- Only allow toys in certain areas of your house. This prevents you from having toys destroying your entire house. Instead, only one or two areas get messy with toys. For instance, restrict toys to your kids’ bedrooms as well as a designated play area.
- Have a junk drawer and a junk box. This is somewhat contrary to being organized, but at least you can keep most of your house organized and you only have a space or two that gets pretty disorganized.
If you have any other awesome home organizing tips, please share. We can all help each other by sharing the ideas that we have found helpful.