Comments on
5 Quotes that Can Change Your Life!

Well, it’s not Monday, but I was just reading a book by Ariane de Bonvoisin called The First 30 Days: Your Guide to Making Any Change Easier (interview with Ariane to come … stay tuned) which has a number of fantastic quotes in it that I believe if reflected on mindfully could very well change your life.

Now, we’re not just going to glance over these quotes, I’m going to suggest that you take at least 30 seconds with each quote doing the following 5-step mindfulness practice.

17 thoughts on “5 Quotes that Can Change Your Life!

• April 5, 2010 at 11:01 am

Dear Elisha,

Thank you so much for this gift. And on a Monday morning!

I hope it is OK with you if I feature this post on my blog. I love how you prepare the reader to be receptive to the wisdom in the quotes.

Yours truly,
    Elvira

• April 5, 2010 at 1:55 pm

Ofcourse Elvira, you are absolutely welcome! Please do feature it if you think it might be helpful to your readers.

Be well,

Elisha

• April 5, 2010 at 5:47 pm

Thanks, Elisha. I just published the post. It was just what I was looking for to inspire me on this lovely day.

Take care,
    Elvira

• April 7, 2010 at 3:00 pm

How many people have written in to point out that it was Ralph Waldo Emerson, not Thoreau who made that quote? Before I was a therapist I was a reference librarian, and even though it’s been 20 years, I still have that urge for accuracy sometimes. Love your blog.

• April 30, 2010 at 6:20 pm

Just discovered this post via Twitter. I loved the Frankl and Ruiz quotes, finding the former comforting and the latter more of a challenge.

• May 21, 2010 at 4:25 pm

I love quotes and these are really great. When are people going to realize they are who they think they are?
    Debbie

• June 11, 2010 at 9:47 am

Thank you!

• June 21, 2010 at 1:11 pm

This is lovely….Perhaps my book, Sanctuary of the Soul might interest you……it is a mindful journey of 45 years….to most, this little book, is just……a book…..to me, my soul resides inside.

Blessings, Alice

I’d be honored to hear your thoughts.

One of my favorite quotes: “Be ashamed to die until you have done something for humanity.”

Not quoted exactly…

• July 25, 2010 at 1:52 pm

Brilliant website! Excellent way to think and see things from various angles. Thanks

• August 2, 2010 at 12:28 pm

I love your blog. In the little gap between stimulus and response, there is choice and growth and possibility. Being mindful gives me longer gaps.

• October 26, 2010 at 6:13 am

My name is Peace. Spend time with me. How you ask?
    Define me deeply and each time you call my name I will come to you as your definings, for I am you when you define me.

• November 24, 2010 at 3:56 am

The great end of life is not knowledge but action. (Thomas Henry Huxley)

• February 15, 2011 at 3:27 pm

I agree with your points. Yes they will change our life…
    Please keep writing…

• June 21, 2011 at 7:18 pm

Perhaps Taoism loses its Tao when we quantify it… love the poems…Poems are very fitting… what a wonderfully consistent way to share mindfulness… for all those seeking freedom when the physical world is oppressive – Frankl could be your greatest mentor. I love the interconnectedness of mindfulness and existentialism … I write about it a lot on my blog.

• August 28, 2011 at 6:07 pm

Elisha, just found your website, and loving it! I will be a regular reader. The quotes are great, always nice to reinforce what we think we know, but it’s nice to hear it again from a different angle.

• May 25, 2012 at 10:05 am

Thank you so much for this article. It really makes one take notice of the current moment in time and, for that moment, releases one’s stress thus allowing for clear thinking and a refreshing restart to the day. Sincerely, Lisa