68 thoughts on “Thich Nhat Hanh is in the Hospital, But He Will Never Leave Us

• November 12, 2014 at 2:27 pm

All my love and respect to Thich Nhat Han. Thank you for you taught me so much about peace. The true peace that passes all understanding.

• March 12, 2015 at 7:57 am

I am a firm believer that things happen for a reason. One day out of the blue, I came across a video of Thay being interviewed. I had never seen or heard of him before. His words made so much sense to me, that I have totally changed the way I look at life and the world around me. Though, I’ve always been spiritual, what he said made magical, perfect sense. Everyone suffers. We need to acknowledge the suffering of others and tell them we know they suffer. If this were to be practiced world wide, maybe there would be less turmoil.

• November 12, 2014 at 2:39 pm

Thank you for posting this. It is exactly what we all need to hear at this time.

May Thay be peaceful, happy, and light
    May Thay feel safe
    May Thay be free from disturbance, fear, anxiety, and worry
    May Thay recognize and touch seeds of happiness and joy
    May Thay be fresh, solid, and free.

I add my breath to your breath

• November 12, 2014 at 3:07 pm

I listen to his meditation CD every morning and have for years. His instructions are embedded in my heart and his voice is in my head and will be forever. He lives on in me and as I sit he lives on in everyone I meet and touch. And the circle goes round and round…blessings Thay

• November 12, 2014 at 3:20 pm

Thay changed my life, the life of my children, and his presence and love are within my every step. But still… I am so sad!

• November 12, 2014 at 3:51 pm

Thay is always with us. Attachment to his physical form is not what he wants. He wants us to be more connected to ourselves and our moment than we are to others. Yes we are all one, and because of this, he continues.

• November 12, 2014 at 3:55 pm

There is probably no-one who has influenced my practice of living mindfully and joyfully as much as Thich Nhat Hanh. Just listening to his voice brings peace…and his message so peacefully conveys what we are all seeking. That one voice has been felt all over the world. He will be missed…

• November 12, 2014 at 4:34 pm

This was beautiful…and though a part of me is saddened to hear about his near “death”..I feel so blessed to know his words will live on through the great teachers who carry his work..thank YOU for being one of those teachers.
    Blessings,
    Maria

• November 12, 2014 at 4:48 pm

His words have helped me understand so much. May he remain ever in peace.

• November 12, 2014 at 5:13 pm

Thich Nhat Hanne, you have more fully awakened my mindfulness, joy & loving compassion in my life of now 67yrs.
    As you pass on you will certainly remain within our hearts, minds & spirits, until we join you!
    Namaste’ & in deepest of gratitude!
    Linda

• November 12, 2014 at 6:16 pm

We are all dying. Please see this release from Plum Village, 5:30 pm Eastern time, November 12, 2014. —Leslie Rawls, True Realm of Enlightenment, Thich Nhat Hanh Dharmacharya
    With a deep mindful breath we announce to the world the news that yesterday, the 11th of November 2014, Thay, Zen Master Thich Nhat Hanh experienced a severe brain hemorrhage. Thay is receiving 24 hour intensive care from specialist doctors, nurses and from his monastic disciples.

At present, Thay is still very responsive and shows every indication of being aware of the presence of those around him. He is able to move his feet, hands and eyes. There are signs that a full recovery may be possible.

For the last two months, Thay’s health had already been fragile due to his advance age. He was hospitalized in Bordeaux on the 1st of November. He was gaining strength day by day until this sudden and unexpected change in his condition.

All the monasteries in the tradition of Plum Village are organizing practice sessions to generate the energy of mindfulness and to send Thay this healing and loving energy. We would like to ask the whole worldwide community of meditation practitioners to participate and support us in this critical moment. We know and trust that Thay will receive all your energy and that this will be a big support in his healing and recovery.

Our practice of stability and peace in this very moment is the best support we can offer to Thay. Let us all around the world take refuge in our practice, going together as a river to offer Thay our powerful collective energy. We are all cells of the great Sangha Body that Thay has manifested in his lifetime.

For future reports on Thay health and recovery, we will post them officially at http://www.plumvillage.org, langmai.org, villagedespruniers.net, and http://www.facebook.com/thichnhathanh.

On behalf of the Monastic Dharma Teacher Council of Plum Village,

Bhikkhu Thich Chan Phap Dang
    Bhikkhuni Thich Nu Chan Khong Nghiem

LINK: http://plumvillage.org/news/our-beloved-teacher-in-hospital/

• November 12, 2014 at 6:17 pm

We should not wait for Thay’s death to practice. We are his continuation. I feel certain he is enjoying every breath in the Bordeaux hospital. Shall we join him in that?

• November 12, 2014 at 6:34 pm

I cannot describe it but reading him is just so inspiring.

• November 12, 2014 at 6:43 pm

Hope this great master stays with us

• November 12, 2014 at 6:55 pm

I am so sad about this news. I went through some very difficult times in the past few years and could not shake a feeling of hopelessness until I found the teachings of Thay. I have reread many of his books and find something new each time. I know he will live on in all of us who cherish him. May he find peace.

• November 12, 2014 at 7:05 pm

Just lit a candle for Thai. Expressing deep gratitude for this extra-ordinary man, soul that touched my life deeply as so many around our small planet and will continue to. Thai has left an amazing, inspiring and peace building legacy. He is one of the greatest teachers of all times in my humble opinion and I was blessed to be in his presence in France this summer while he did an outstanding healing meditation and talk at an Italian retreat. I can still feel the healing space in my cells. The monks sang this during the healing: Namo Avalokiteshvara. I encourage everyone to find it 🙂 Blessings, Satyanna.

• November 12, 2014 at 7:23 pm

Dear Thuy

Son of Hue – Vietnam’s gift to the world.

Truly walking in the Dhamma – forever walking the Dhamma

Your teachings touched my life as no other could . thank you

Na Mo A Di Da Phat

• November 12, 2014 at 7:38 pm

Thay has been a comfort and inspiration to millions of people. His wisdom and grace are gifts to generations not yet born. He will join the list of immortal spiritual teachers. I send him my love and gratitude.

• November 12, 2014 at 8:16 pm

Dear Thay,
    You comforted my heart when it was ragged and miserable, may your beautiful lessons and wisdoms blossom in our hearts forever. Happy Journeys great teacher, thank you for your endless kindness and gifts <3

• November 12, 2014 at 8:30 pm

he has reminded me to continue to breathe and know that the things I struggle with are only for a passing moment and that sometimes saying or reacting to others out of love is so much better than anger. To be still in the moments when things feel overwhelming and to allow answers to arrive on there own.

• November 12, 2014 at 8:32 pm

Thay is the first teacher who transmitted to me that it is not only acceptable but necessary to treat our anger with nonviolence and care. Quite simply, he changed my life. Deep bows. /\

• November 12, 2014 at 9:00 pm

I was blessed to have been led by Thay in my very first formal metta mediation, several years ago in NYC. Eternal gratitude and love. xo j

• November 12, 2014 at 10:00 pm

Thankyou Thay for touching my life, your wisdom, sense of humour and committment. Breathing in deep sadness and gratitude.

• November 12, 2014 at 10:03 pm

The world is a better place because of Thay and what he has taught us. His readings and teachings have changed my life and also how I relate to those around me. Bless his soul.

• November 12, 2014 at 10:07 pm

I first started meditating after reading Thay’s book “The Miracle of Mindfulness.” I’ve never met him but his teaching, his inspirational poems nourishes and encourages my practice for years. Deep Gratitude and Metta to Thay! May Thay be happy and peaceful.

• November 12, 2014 at 10:27 pm

I have listened to many of your talks Thay. Whenever I need courage, whenever I am in despair, it is your words that inspire me and lift me up. I thank you for sharing your wisdom and teachings with us.

May you have a joyful transformation when it is your moment to transform.