6 thoughts on “Outsmart Your Stress: The 1-Minute “Be” Practice

• March 6, 2012 at 8:57 am

I think this is a great exercise for refocusing your day. Often I have craved to be a human BE-ing instead of a human doing.

• March 6, 2012 at 3:00 pm

Such a simple way to remember that we ARE human beings, not human “doings.” I have been working to refocus my attention on being and on mindful meditation. I think it is important to sink into these small moments of being throughout the day, to find mindfulness in the nooks and crannies of our lives.

• March 7, 2012 at 7:56 am

This is an excellent short exercise. I try to practice a breathing exercise every day for at least 10 minutes but when I don’t have time I do this quick substitute and it makes all the difference.

Thanks for sharing it.

• March 7, 2012 at 6:46 pm

I really enjoyed this article and these small mindful moments really help me throughout my day.

• March 8, 2012 at 11:51 pm

I’m the opposite, a human being who wants to be a human doing. I find it very easy just to be, but not to do. I’ve always found doing things very difficult as I’m continually pulled back to just being. But stress advice is always aimed at getting people to stop doing. It’s very stressful not to get things done.

• March 19, 2012 at 5:09 pm

I have been using a loose-fitting rubber band around your wrist to move to the right side for even hours and the left side for odd hours, as a reminder to stop and breathe.