Whether this is your first time you’re coming here or you’ve been around for the almost four years I’ve been writing The Mindfulness and Psychotherapy column, I want to share a personal moment of gratitude and say “Thank You” for being a part of this community. This was a big year for this column, it will become 4 years old and is also the year that The Now Effect and Mindfulness Meditations for the Anxious Traveler hit bookshelves. Now it’s my turn to give you some gifts of my favorite Top 10 posts of the year. In these posts you’ll read about the power of mindfulness, the importance of self-compassion in healing, the upside to embracing dark emotions, how to be alone, why multitasking is ineffective, many short practices and much more.
May they bring you a sense of insight, ease, peace and freedom. Enjoy!
- Mindfulness is Not a Cure, It’s Better
- 7 Life Lessons for Dr. Seuss
- The Power of Self-Compassion
- Depression: Medicate, Meditate or Both?
- The Science Behind Why Everything You Do Matters
- The Upside to Embracing Dark Emotions
- Learn How to Be Alone through Mindfulness
- Neuroscience and Compassion Training Predict a Better World
- Media Multitasking Leads to Poorer Cognitive Performance: A Mindful Response
- A Simple Way to Trick Your Brain Toward Mindfulness
One final gift as a thank you is a video in The Now Effect that has been the most popular one of the year. Go head, do this short Mindful Check-In practice and enter into the holidays with a bit of mindfulness.
I hope you enjoy these and please feel free to share your thoughts, stories and questions below. Your interaction creates a living wisdom for us all to benefit from.
Peaceful man photo available from Shutterstock