10 Quotes for a Mindful Day
Sometimes quotes can be just the bite size piece of wisdom we need to pop us into a mindful state of mind. Here are 10 quotes from leading people in the filed of mindfulness that might just do that.
- “Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible.” ~ Dalai Lama
- “If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion.” ~ Dalai Lama
- “There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.” ~ Thich Nhat Hanh
- “If it isn’t good, let it die. If it doesn’t die, make it good.” ~ Ajahn Chah
- “If we learn to open our hearts, anyone, including the people who drive us crazy, can be our teacher.” – Pema Chodron
- “As soon as we wish to be happier, we are no longer happy.” ~ Walter Landor
- “Hatred never ceases by hatred; it only ceases by love.This is a timeless truth” ~ Joseph Goldstein
- “There is no enlightenment outside of daily life.” ~ Thich Nhat Hanh
- “Realize that this very body, with its aches and it pleasures… is exactly what we need to be fully human, fully awake, fully alive.” ~Pema Chodron
- “When we scratch the wound and give into our addictions we do not allow the wound to heal.” ~ Pema Chodron
What are some other quotes that you resonate with? Please share your thoughts, quotes, and questions below. Your interaction here provides a living wisdom for us all to benefit from. To get more quotes and little injections of mindfulness into your daily life, feel free to sign up for the Mindful Living Twitter at http://twitter.com/Mindful_Living.
Goldstein, E. (2009). 10 Quotes for a Mindful Day. Psych Central. Retrieved on March 26, 2017, from https://blogs.psychcentral.com/mindfulness/2009/07/10-quotes-for-a-mindful-day/