7 thoughts on “To Love is to Struggle (Thank Goodness!)

• January 19, 2015 at 8:47 am

Thank you for this insight! I love Mr. Rogers. He brought life down to such a basic level of love and kindness. You are so right, as someone who is also recovering from and eating disorder, figuring out that we are all, in some way, imperfect and damaged along this journey of life, but lovable and valuable at the same time, allows me to rest in the unconditional love of The Lord. Blessings to you and all those who travel this imperfect ( and that’s ok ) road to recovery!

• January 19, 2015 at 11:59 am

So glad you enjoyed this post, Lizzy – wonderful souls like Mr. Rogers continue to uplift and need to be remembered and treasured! πŸ™‚

• January 22, 2015 at 2:29 am

Wow! Thank you Shannon. This post is a true nugget of insight, wisdom and inspiration. Your posts so often come at just the exact moment I needed to read them!
    You most definitely have and continue to inspire me. I am indeed inspired by and truly grateful for you, Lynn, Kim and so many wonderful ‘love mentors’ in my life.

• January 22, 2015 at 9:47 am

Ahhhh, yes. I feel the exact same way about the ‘love mentors’ in my life-so glad to know the post resonates with you too! πŸ™‚

• March 27, 2015 at 11:55 am

Wishing I had a mentor that’s for sure. Good post – keeps me grounded ( as much as possible) to read this as life keeps me floundering along.

• March 27, 2015 at 12:25 pm

Yup-I hear you. Life is full of surprises- just when we think we have everything just so – surprise! Luckily, mentors are everywhere to help us….often also just when we need the help the most.

• April 5, 2015 at 2:07 am

The only thing that keeps me ‘ living ‘ and accepting the struggle, are my beautiful children. I quite literally exsist so as not to ‘hurt ‘ them. I’d say maybe 70% off my life lived….. ive actually just wanted to be dead….but like I said …..I could never impose such catastrophic emotions on my children …..cycling the monotonous paradoxical existence of mine. I love my babies & ‘ THANK GOD ‘ for them really ….as for the other 30% of feeling alive …I get to ‘ remind ‘ myself that these wonderful beings are worth living for!!. Sorry if this post is confusing. I can never just do a simple explanation …. ‘ complexed ‘ way of analysing PERIOD!!.