6 thoughts on “Coping with Repetitive Dreams

• June 26, 2014 at 6:25 pm

Very interesting Shannon. I have several repetitive dreams too and to be honest have never thought about how to deal with them! I always presumed dreams could not be ‘controlled’. You have given me food for thought.

• June 26, 2014 at 6:42 pm

Hi Julie – I’m so glad you were finally able to read the post! I truly do believe my dreams are messages that I (for whatever reason) may not be able to receive easily while awake. There are all kinds of ways to relate to dreams, but that is just the way that seems to work best for me. I would be interested to learn any insights you have as you continue to work with your own dreams!

• June 26, 2014 at 6:51 pm

The only thing I know for sure is that stress sets my repetitive nightmares off. Sometimes they vary slightly, but the theme is always the same. I will definitely try your method to see if it helps me. Sometimes even the day before seeing someone I’m not comfortable with will set them off! I’ve always felt silly, but it’s a relief to know I’m not the only one. Thanks Shannon 🙂

• June 26, 2014 at 6:53 pm

Yes, I think it is important not to feel “silly” about our dream lives….it just blocks us from learning what that part of ourselves has to teach us. It’s great you are noticing patterns in when certain types of dreams arise!!

• July 8, 2014 at 11:56 am

I too have repetitive dreams. I found that I can change my dream. Before going to bed I picture myself having the dream. Then I tell my mind that tonight the dream will Change. Then I picture the change in my mind and that very night my dream changes.
    A M Bastidas

• July 8, 2014 at 1:45 pm

Oh! Nice! That is fabulous! I’m going to have to try that technique. Thanks for sharing. 🙂