9 thoughts on “I Think I Might Know What It Is Like to Die

• April 6, 2019 at 5:52 pm

i find it so very interesting how each of us views death…and life, presumably its opposite, as well. some of us, who have suffered so deeply in life, have sought to hasten our journey to death. i must number myself in that camp. afterwards, becoming so angry at the failure, i admitted myself to the hospital psych ward. i found myself in a required group therapy session with others who had failed in their final exit attempt. one woman put it succinctly…”i just wanted to go home”. and that is how we view the respite we sought…an enveloping in the warmth and comfort and safety of “home”. when i have talked with others about leaving the planet of their own accord, most have never wanted to leave the bonds of the earthly plane. perhaps they have not been made sensitive to a vast amount of suffering. in that case, i understand how they might fear death. it is all a matter of perspective…is it not..

• April 6, 2019 at 6:18 pm

It is – I so agree! As someone who spent much of her early life feeling like life was something to endure and “get through,” I can also really relate to what you are about just wanting to go home sometimes. I am glad you are so brave and took steps to admit yourself and seek out care and compassion, including connection with others who shared elements of your experiences. We need that!

• April 10, 2019 at 11:24 am

I also had a morbid fear of death even though I had suicide obsession and tried to kill myself 3 times. I think I failed because of my death fear. I was in a terrible bind. Wanting to leave but afraid to. I had a spiritual experience that stopped the suicide obsession in its tracks though so that is good. Then my sister took me to a group with a medium. I talked to my first husband and something came up that made me know it was Ron. First, it sounded just like him and second the medium told me how he died and it was not the way I thought it was. So I called a relative and sure as shooten’ that was how he died. So I know the medium was not just ‘reading my mind’. So then later on I went to a medium by myself and talked to my mother who sounded just like my mother. To wrap it up, after talking to the dead I lost my fear of death. I thought that death was total annihilation and I just couldn’t face that – but it’s not. All I can say though it thank God I don’t have the suicide obsession any more because I would have been long gone a long time ago.

• April 10, 2019 at 3:02 pm

I am also glad to hear your suicide obsession has passed…and so interesting to hear about your experience connecting through a medium. I have often wondered what that might be like. Thank you for sharing what you learned and how it helped ease your fear about dying.

• April 10, 2019 at 1:01 pm

That is the first time I’ve read anyone say they had a fear that on the other side they won’t be able to find their tribe – I’ve had that feeling. I think it is possible to have mini NDE’s although they aren’t technically NDEs. Occasionally I look up NDEs in youtube etc. That field is starting to explore this. For example, if you have sleep apnea you can have mini NDEs, whether you remember them or not. You can experience it in a dream.

• April 10, 2019 at 2:57 pm

Wow – that is so intriguing! It makes sense what you share about sleep apnea too….especially for those who stop breathing for longer periods. Lots to ponder….

• April 17, 2019 at 9:00 am

I have had that experience on several occasions, or an experience similar. In fact, I have been writing about it recently – thinking it would be useful for others who have had similar moments. It is quite amazing! The after affects are what seem to me to be the most curious: our perceptions of life and the world around us seem to morph, and we often don’t notice, right away. Interesting stuff! Thanks for sharing!

• April 17, 2019 at 9:03 am

Oh wow – that’s neat! It is cool to hear you have had similar experiences – when it happened for me I honestly wondered if I was just imagining the whole thing. I’ll be curious to read more about your experiences as well – thanks!

• April 17, 2019 at 9:55 am

“Wondered if you were imagining the whole thing”…. exactly why I have been writing about it. That is such a common thought after having these experiences, and most of us shut down and refuse to talk about it. However, it feels to me that many more people are having these experiences than in prior times, and it is important to realize that we are not alone, and it can be a very good thing that happened to us! Glad you were brave enough to put it out there! (I have said, BTW, for years, that I have had several NDEs without the ND part!) thanks, again.