8 thoughts on “The Seeming Senselessness of Grief

• March 22, 2019 at 10:11 am

This is not quite the same, but I did feel grief at the loss of a friendship . The story is too long to even write, but there are occasions that I will second guess myself. I hope that the both of us are able to find peace. I am glad you have your family which includes feathers and shells. I so enjoy the pictures and all of their antics. ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜

• March 22, 2019 at 11:40 am

I hear you-and I can so relate to the second-guessing too. So happy to hear you enjoy our little flockโ€™s adventures:).

• March 22, 2019 at 3:42 pm

Grief is hard especially if you have bouts of depression. Like I do. Sometimes you do want to die. Just to not feel that awful sadness. But we have our pets and other family members that need us. What would they do without you?

• March 22, 2019 at 3:48 pm

There have been a number of days over the last few weeks where a chirp was actually what got me out of the bed! And thank goodness for it. You are right – what would they do without us (and what would we do without them)?

• March 22, 2019 at 5:28 pm

I love this! Thanks for sharing.

• March 22, 2019 at 6:26 pm

You are so welcome. I am so happy to know it resonated with you.:)

• March 22, 2019 at 11:06 pm

It does come in waves. My father died in 1984…and periodically, a grief bomb will go off. Not big, but a bubble of emotion attached to him, will come up to be looked at. For me it is about the loss of being able to give the love to that person and them being there.. My way around (correction: through) it was to send love anyway….Same with loss of mother, 2010…..and same with a partner I had to leave for reasons of violence, but still loved him anyway (loved my kids and me more; that’s why I left). Mixed feelings there: relief, love….anger…now sitting with okay loving without it interfering with my everyday life. Riding the feelings as they come up is the way to go, as you did. Good luck sounds like you are working it out.

• March 22, 2019 at 11:26 pm

Your response (workaround) is beautiful-I feel something inside me say โ€œyes, thatโ€™s itโ€ as I read what you share about feeling blocked from giving love to the person. Thank you for taking the time to share how you are coping. It helps. ๐Ÿ™