6 thoughts on “How to “Zip Up” – It’s Not As Weird As It Sounds

• July 13, 2018 at 11:26 am

I LOVE this visualization!!!
    I often forget to ground myself or protect myself or white light myself…whatever method I’m currently trying on.
    Thank you for sharing.
    Now I need to decide what color my zipper is. LOL!!

• July 13, 2018 at 12:15 pm

Oh I’m so glad you like it! When you decide on your color I’d love to hear what you choose!:) (mine is often white or blue)

• July 27, 2018 at 11:49 am

Silver is my go to metal color.
        However, I do choose black when I know it will be a particularly rough day.
        Black is such a great shield!!

• July 27, 2018 at 12:12 pm

Awesome color choices! I’ll have to try black (I usually go for silver too:)

• July 27, 2018 at 12:00 am

Thank you for sharing this. And I’m sorry to hear about guys actively trolling you that way. When I ride public transit, if there’s a panhandler in the vicinity he always hits me up first. I’ve even had them argue with me when I try to nicely explain I don’t carry money, just my transit card. Sometimes it’s scary!

I once had another passenger tell me I should wear dark glasses and earbuds because I look, as she said, too approachable. I’ve tried that and it helps, but sometimes I forget. Now I can add the zipping up technique to keep that boundary between my own emotions and those of others.

• July 27, 2018 at 11:36 am

I’ve had panhandlers get mad at me when I don’t want to talk to them or give them money! It just feels crazy sometimes-the disconnect. Sometimes when I forget to zip up and then see a character approaching I will hurry and do it and then watch in wonder as they literally change course. It’s such a relief to have a way to self-protect in those situations-I hope you find it helpful too!