Every year I get another year older.
Thankfully, I also get another year wiser….most years at least.
For the years I don’t, there is always Thanksgiving.
A few years ago, some research came out telling most of us what we already knew – feeling grateful feels good. It also told us some things we didn’t know – namely, that feeling grateful can change the structure of our brains.
Since my brain needs all the help it can get, I took this to heart as well as to mind.
Yet I still don’t remember to say what I am grateful for every single day. Even after so many, many, many years of working so hard to transform my anxiety-focused brain into a gratitude-focused brain, it is still but the work of a moment to spiral out of sufficiency and back towards scarcity once again.
Today will not be a day I forget to say what I am thankful for.
Here goes. I am grateful for (in no particular order)…
- Pearl, Malti & Bruce, my “inner flock”
- My family – Mom, Dad, Flash, Adam, Erin and their precious kids
- My heart friends
- Guardian angels
- Deep breathing
- Yoga with Adriene
- My intuition studies with Sonia Choquette
- Walks on the beach
- Coffee and tea
- Happy hour
- The good doctors who care for me
- String lights
- My brave houseplants
- Thrift shops
- Warm, fuzzy, cuddly, comfy things
- The internet
- My wonderful new car
- My new iPhone video/camera
- All the wise teachers and mentors (many of whom I blog about here)
- Free time
With great respect & love,