Sometimes I look back with awe – and, frankly, horror – to remember all the years I spent “waiting.”
I was waiting to recover later (after the eating disorder had delivered on all of its [false] promises).
I was waiting until I had more friends, a better personality, more money, a boyfriend.
I used to go out shopping, buying clothes for a person I wasn’t who had a life I didn’t have.
I would think “Well, I’d better buy this bikini/party dress/lingerie set – just in case.”
Finally, one day I asked myself, “Just in case of WHAT?”
Somehow, that particular day, something in me woke up and realized my life was happening – even right as I waited for it to happen!
In that moment, I realized two key truths:
- My life is MINE to live – it can be any way I want it to be (no matter what others think or say).
- My life is getting shorter each day, which means “now” is not just the right time, but the ONLY time, to live it!
And then I realized even more key truths:
- NOW is the right time to recover – to dig in and give EVERYTHING of myself to it, to sweat and burn and dig and climb until nothing remains but “recovered me.”
- NOW is the right time to love, to reach out, to take myself to the movies, to write that book, to start a nonprofit, to bring home a baby tortoise….
- NOW is the right time to say “I’m sorry,” “I love you,” “I miss you.”
- NOW is the right time to enjoy being me.
And then I realized one more key truth:
- I won’t have “more” of what I need later to live successfully as “me” – so I must have everything I need to do that already, right now!
Having shared that, here are the 2 key truths I want to share with you this month:
- Now is the right time for you – to say and do whatever is on your mind and in your heart.
- You have whatever you need – everything you need – right now.
I absolutely, positively, promise you do.
Today’s Takeaway: Will you trust me and JOIN me – in going for it (whatever your “it” is) right NOW? I hope you will!! 🙂
p.s. This post is from February’s free ezine, “Good News for Recovery + Life“