6 thoughts on “Black Lives Matter & White Peoples Problems

• August 16, 2019 at 6:56 am

I wonder what exactly was his point and the reason it was directed towards you. As a black woman, I understand that black lives matter is a statement to address police brutality towards black men and to express to the world that we matter as well. It was never made to degrade other races/cultures, however some people took the black lives matter movement and created an damaged image that seemed like no other race mattered. Those were the people who felt more emotional and upset because they personally witnessed black men murdered in their community.

Go back and get that repellant!

• August 16, 2019 at 12:15 pm

You should have let the clerk make the call, perp could have been identified from in store security footage. By reading your post it is obvious you felt intimidated and threatened

• August 16, 2019 at 1:22 pm

Whoa! What a story. It is natural to feel defensive, but I think that its actually our duty as white people to recognize that emotion and move past it. Why couldn’t you have engaged and say something like, “yes they do! Is there something happening now that makes you feel unsafe?”
    That would have probably defused the situation.

• August 17, 2019 at 1:33 pm

I too was victim of such an event. I am white and was attacked by 3 black women at a Wallmart. I was basically stepped on, yelled at, had a metal object raised toward me as if I was going to be hit with it and ultimately shoved to the floor. I hit my elbow and afterwards went to the medical center for abrasions. There was video of the incident. In the video I was shown to raise my arm and make a circlular motion pointing to something. The police said that this proves that I too was at fault. The 3 women were taunting and harassing me saying , “That’s that white entitlement.” I had already checked out and realized my 83 yr old mom, who was on the store scooter, had an item with her that we didn’t pay for. Instead of walking the whole way around several registers, towards the exit, and back around past all the same registers on the other side to get back in line to pay for the missed object, I said “Excuse me please,” to one of the women. She looked down at me, I’m 5’1″ and they all 3 were way taller, and said with a sassy tone, “What do you want?” “I need to get back in line to pay for something that was missed.” Let me point out that there was no one else in line. She moved over and let me pass but then they all attacked me in several ways, as mentioned. No one tried to stop them or help me in any way. After I was on the floor a nice man did reach down to give me a hand to get back up. 3 to 1. Captured on video but because I told the one woman that it made no sence for me to have to walk all the way around all these registers to get back in line when I could just stay right here, and as I mentioned the registers I pointed out the long way I’d have to go to get around them. That was the gesture I made on the video, that made it my fault that I was attacked by 3 women, physically assaulted and thrown to the floor. Nothing was done to them. How about this?…..ALL lives matter. Nice is nice and rude is rude. Period. The only way we’re going to move past racism is to do what any therapist will tell someone thats been wronged by someone else. Forgive those who have wronged you, or your family, let go of the anger and hate and get on with your life because if you don’t let go of the anger, the people that did you wrong are still controlling you. Don’t give them that power over you. What was done may have been horrible but it’s done and nothing is going to change that. There’s no fixing it. Lots of people have suffered. Jews. Asians. Native Americans. Every group of people have suffered in some way. We can’t fix the past. Let it in the past. Let it go already!! People are people. There’s good and bad in all of us. Stop all the race wars and put the money used for it to good use. Educate all the children! Take good care of the elderly! Save our planet! You know. Important stuff. Any seperation of races should be illegal. On any level. Elementary school to college to work places to private clubs. Every person should be welcome every where. Racism is just plain stupid. Let it go!!!! Don’t mention it. Don’t try to use it for your advantage. Anyone that tries to seperate races for any reason should do jail time. We are one “human” race. Let’s act like it!!! We’re all in this together. ๐Ÿ’ž

• August 17, 2019 at 6:18 pm

Hey Janet, I am so sorry to read your story, and appreciate you posting your experience. The fact that it is on a video and you are still not the victim in the scenario is outrageous. You said it best, ALL Lives Matter, period, e

• August 19, 2019 at 12:34 pm

That is also a scary story! But why do you talk about racism like it is a thing of the past? How do you leave something in the past if it currently happens to you on a daily basis?