8 thoughts on “A Letter to a Sociopath

• October 24, 2018 at 6:34 am

Hi,
    I relate to this so much the projections and the triangulation with others outside our marriage including my father that is the exact same character as my husband, the sad thing is I worry about our three year old daughter as his other daughters to a previous relationship have had mental health problems 😕. He said I’m crazy and constantly argued or gave the silent treatment but that’s nothing compared to what he has said and done since I fled. He has taken me to court saying I was having affairs and I was domestically abusing him. All complete nonsense.. however his deceptive and charming ways has most people convinced which sadly I have very little in the way of family and friends left. I am still trying to get over the injustice of the ruination of my life and mental health, how they get away with it is an absolute travesty to any potential love partner of child they come across (they tend to use others and portray the wolf in sheep’s clothing so as not to blow there cover)

• October 24, 2018 at 10:32 am

Thank you for putting in writing what I could not. The sociopath exited my life 27 years ago & my life flourished when I was rid of him.

• October 24, 2018 at 10:58 am

Wow! I never knew anyone else had lived the life I lived for 24 years. I married at 20 years of age and lived a sheltered life until then. It took me 24 years and a nervous breakdown to realize what had happened to me. My X husbands abuse is still part of my life because our two children are mentally ill. Our first born daughter is just like her father and is damaged. Our son who was the next victim is bipolar and Schizophrenic. So, I am still caring and nurturing everyone as best I can. I divorced 22 years ago and did enjoy a full new career with lots of travel and am strong and self reliant. Yet, I regret staying so long in that unhealthy trap. I just didn’t know what was happening and I thought I could fix everything. You cannot fix someone else! I have pity and regret but became a stronger and more confident person. Good Luck! Just like in an airplane emergency, save yourself first and then do what you can for the children. Don’t wait too long. Pray. Thank you for this article.

• October 24, 2018 at 1:08 pm

Enjoyed this! Very well written. Keep moving forward

• October 24, 2018 at 1:49 pm

I feel her strength and insight. I look forward to reading her books now!

• October 24, 2018 at 2:14 pm

Oh my goodness, what a great letter! I haven’t written one, and I probably won’t, but this is exactly what I would have said! Thank you for putting my feelings into words. I only spent a year-and-a-half with my narcissistic, sociopathic ex- boyfriend, but boy the lessons I’ve learned! I had the strength to walk away and never look back thank you!.

• October 24, 2018 at 9:34 pm

This could easily be me that wrote this. Everything was to the T for my situation. I was responsible for him getting angry. It was even my fault he pointed a loaded gun at me, and that he lost a weeks worth of work for it. It was my fault he was having affairs. Luckily I didnt buy into those falsehoods like I did the first time. I am a work in progress and learning all the time!

• November 6, 2018 at 2:08 pm

For all you awesome survivors of sociopathic behavior, you will be happy to know I DID in fact SEND this letter to my Ex. So there you have it! Read ’em and weep ya moron! (He won’t weep cause he is void of true feelings but, it made me feel better and I’m actually impressed with myself for sending it!) We surge ahead…e