6 thoughts on “Am I Manic or Just Irritable?

• February 9, 2018 at 11:56 am

In my experience , this doesn’t sound like mania . Because being bipolar , maniacs are not angry . There is a very happy , out of control ” high ” . And then there is the low . This is sad … I am not a doctor, but it sounds to me that this might be defiant disorder , O .C . D. , or just an anger problem . The only way to find out for sure is for this person to see a professional .

• February 9, 2018 at 2:12 pm

Mania can cause irritability, and agitation. Mania is complicated and something to be further explored, e

• February 9, 2018 at 3:30 pm

That’s not accurate. Mania includes irritability , crying, not just invincible. I’m diagnosed Bipolar and I never ever get the mania that makes me think life is just so awesome and I’m on top of the world. For me, mania is more rooted in a star of nervous unsurity. And talking fast as well as interrupting people… the spending and sex thing are under control. The sex thing hasn’t ever bothered me though because I am totally okay with my sexual nature.
      But yes, mania does include being irritable. Depression does too.

• February 9, 2018 at 12:53 pm

This is a terrible post. None of these examples, from the way you described them, seem like clinical mania.

• February 9, 2018 at 2:15 pm

To clarify, Bipolar II (chronic hypo mania) is a state of mania that is not so much episodical but more so a chronic condition that has underlying symptoms of full blown mania like agitation. Thanks for your comment, e

• February 9, 2018 at 3:24 pm

Manic irritability is when everything in the world is literally pissing you off so bad, you feel like you’re going to explode. Your head screams, your teeth grind, sometimes getting a bit drunk helps. But not if I take medication. Never drink if you take meds.