8 thoughts on “Tupac Shakur, Death & Bipolar Disorder, Part 2

• August 30, 2013 at 8:55 pm

Erica, interesting post! I love Tupac and mental health, so what a treat for me. Was Tupac known or believed to have bipolar?

• August 30, 2013 at 9:20 pm

Tupac has been known to have a “mood disorder” it falls under the same umbrella..e

• August 30, 2013 at 9:42 pm

Again, I do not think it realistic to diagnose someone with bipolar disorder through their writings, and my most pressing concern, is labeling someone who may well not want to be labeled in this manner.

“Bipolar minds continually need to express thought where writing is not necessarily a choice but something they have to do cause they live in a mind that demands it.”

This is a generalization regarding people who suffer from bipolar disorder, a very diverse group of folks.

I would really like to read more about your personal experiences, Erica, to learn from your own unique experience of life with this disorder. I think this would also distance you from generalizations regarding those with the disorder and shift the focus to individual, unique experiences. I’m very interested in hearing from *you!* Best wishes, schnookie.

• August 30, 2013 at 10:42 pm

Read my book, Inside the Insane, and get back to me. x

• August 31, 2013 at 3:43 pm

Good for you. Pseudo professionals earn money using inaccurate tests that categorize personality disorders as insanity. Sickening. Thanks. Press on, peace M

• August 31, 2013 at 3:50 pm

Great question, thou bad answer from d “professional”. Incredible unprofessional umbrella generalization. People like her have confused bipolar diagnosis hurting thousands due to lack of proper treatment. Press on schmo okie. M.

• August 31, 2013 at 3:20 pm

I’ll look at the book -thank you, I appreciate your reply.

• August 31, 2013 at 3:38 pm

Bipolar is NOT insanity, b4 reading ur book. Ask Dr. Jamison. Do u think she’s insane? As a bipolar, diagnosed 25 yrs ago, w college degrees, I agree w Sscnooki that it’s premature and I add “unprofessional”to call Shakur bipolar IM an artist, but I had depressive hospitalization s, Ect, psychosis, genetic background, etc. Infinite differences. I’d appreciate u answering readers’ questions. I’ll scrutinize ur Insanity book. you better not call us insane there. Any psychiatrist will show you how wrong you are if u labeled us as mad , insane or any inaccurate label. wE fought too long for justice in this field that feeds you.