9 thoughts on “Depression and the Plot of Your Life…

• September 2, 2012 at 6:30 am

yes and no…there are those who have borderline personality and for them life is a consistent re-inforcement of negativity…also…in 18yrs of therapy ive never been successfully trated for suicidal ideation…which makes me depressed even tho i have depression anyway…i can be suicidal when happy 2…also there are those that are unable to change there circumstance even tho it makes them depressed..ie those in a cycle of abuse…

• September 2, 2012 at 6:38 am

Many people who suffer from depression have a belief that it cannot be overcome. You may have also been told that the best option is to control depression by taking antidepressant drugs.

• September 2, 2012 at 9:25 am

Exactly why therapy is so important!

• September 2, 2012 at 1:45 pm

Sounds a lot like Ignatius of Loyola: spiritual desolation vs. situational desolation. The difference between the two have been helpful to me.

• September 2, 2012 at 4:12 pm

Well fuck was this a good article or what?

• September 2, 2012 at 10:06 pm

Planning to quit my job again is making me depressed. I get messed up when I leave any group of people, especially if they’re sort of nice to me.

It’s not too severe. I think I believe in stuff like having a sense of community, but maybe it’s better not to. The money’s not that great.

• September 3, 2012 at 8:52 am

Yes but… The psychological affects the physical affects the psychological affects the physical…

It may also be that some feel hopeless in changing the kind of examples stated. While exercise may not directly affect the troubled relationships, it may help some get out of the hopeless that prevents seeing/creating a solution/coming to an acceptance of the situation.

I’m not sure how often there is a “chemical depression” without these kin of stressors?

• September 3, 2012 at 8:53 am

I missed the bipolar, although moods are still often triggered by stressors.