12 Places Not To Take Out Your Phone
Some of us have a pseudo-marriage to our phone, that can borderline unhealthy. We’ve all seen people that “forget” to turn off their phone, or can’t help but check it during inappropriate times. There is a time, and place, to check our phone, to pick up your phone, and to text someone with your phone.
Here are 12 occasions and situations that are not okay to take out your phone:
- On a first date – Do you want a second date?
- On the treadmill – Are you sweating on your phone?
- During your child’s recital – How many hours did your child practice for their big moment?
- During a meeting with your lawyer – How much are you paying for their precious time?
- During a medical examination – Papsmear with your phone? Ah, no.
- While driving – Check out the price of that ticket!
- In the shower – Cleaning yourself comes second to a text?
- At lunch with an old friend – When is the last time you saw them?
- At the movies – Get ready for movie goers around you to give you a dirty look.
- In church – Is God calling you?
- On a job interview – Do you want the job or not.
- In the middle of the night when you get up to use the bathroom – Really?
We live in a culture that tends to blur the line of what’s appropriate, and inappropriate; what’s socially acceptable, and not. Take time to re-evaluate your relationship with your phone, and differentiate places that are considered poor etiquette. Don’t be that person who can’t live without their phone. You might be missing out on real life.
Loberg, E. (2013). 12 Places Not To Take Out Your Phone. Psych Central. Retrieved on September 20, 2017, from https://blogs.psychcentral.com/manic-depression/2013/05/07/12-places-not-to-take-out-your-phone/