9 thoughts on “Happy Couples Don’t Blast Relationship Updates on Facebook

• September 14, 2017 at 1:33 pm

Preach. Whenever I see a friend who constantly posts “My amazing hubby bought me a latte!! (Heart heart)”, I can bet that in a matter of months, her posts will all shift to say stuff like, “A REAL man never lets her woman down. Too bad the men in my life haven’t been REAL men.”

• September 16, 2017 at 11:46 am

Hi, Heather,

Thanks for sharing. I’ve seen some of what you described, too. Passive aggressive comments on social media (like the example you gave about your friend and future comments about about real men) happens a lot. This, too, is another form of shaming.

• September 16, 2017 at 12:36 am

What you wrote in this article is common sense. Unfortunately these days common sense is not so common anymore.

It is very disturbing to notice that a lot of people are manipulating the social media to project themselves is such a pitiful way. Is this abuse of social media the expression of a new kind of “mental disorder”?

• September 16, 2017 at 11:44 am

There’s been lots of research on social media and mental health. I think you are on to something for sure, Ma!

• September 16, 2017 at 6:48 am

You’re preaching to the choir, bro. The real question is how to reach the people using social media the way you describe, because they’re the ones that need the objective perspective.

• September 16, 2017 at 1:08 pm

One way to “wake them up” would be if their FB “friends” totally ignored their posts. Other people’s comments and “likes” are the fuel that keep this vicious circle going.

• September 17, 2017 at 10:39 am

Good article. I’ve seen the “look at me” couple right here on PC. This type has to boast about their good days to convince others they are sooo in love with each other. Meanwhile one of them was seeing other women in a romantic way. The boasting seemed to be an attempt to make others jealous but it was just a sad reflection of what their life had become.

• September 17, 2017 at 11:48 am

Hi, Lyla,

Glad you enjoyed! I’ve always thought couples who robo-blast updates as … interesting 🙂