6 thoughts on “I Just Got Fired: WTF Should I Do?!

• November 25, 2014 at 8:40 pm

John thank you for this post. I was just fired yesterday and so were 20 or so of my fellow coworkers. We did not think they would do it before Thanksgiving but they did. I will try to keep a few of these things in mind. My last day was technically today but I still may have time to negotiate a few things.

• November 25, 2014 at 9:02 pm

Hello, Christopher,

Thanks for stopping by. I am sorry to hear of your job loss. Difficult times to be sure. Glad this blog post was helpful to you!

• January 15, 2015 at 12:02 pm

Dear John,
    So wish I had found this a month ago. However knowing my boss, she would not have allowed me to use office space, she never wrote a reference letter for anyone who asked, (only one in my 8yrs there and I typed it, she signed it). I told my husband the first day only because I am the only bread winner in the home, and he needed to know that I had taken the necessary steps to make sure we could still pay bills. Currently living off unemployment, and food stamps. I have been adjusting my resume, and my cover letter to match employment ops. And I have applied to many jobs that are outside my comfort zone.
    This was my Christmas gift, and she texted me.
    Thanks John.

• January 22, 2015 at 8:51 am

Glad I could be helpful with this and sorry to hear of your job loss – truly.

• April 26, 2015 at 11:44 pm

How do you know when you should or shouldn’t file for unemployment?

• April 27, 2015 at 12:55 pm

Hi, Monica,

Always a difficult decision for sure but I personally advise clients to file asap because it can take time for approval to happen. The sooner benefits start the quicker some type of income stream comes into the household. Thanks for the post.