Gratitude: 25 Things to Be Grateful for Right Now!
Gratitude should be something we focus on in every moment of everyday. Taking this approach allows us to appreciate what is going on right in our lives as opposed to what is going wrong.
For many years, I have practiced the living principle of finding the good in my day. This means actively deciding to look for something positive and then recording that something down on paper as part of a personal gratitude journal.
Remember, we can never take anything for granted. All that we have is a gift. Tomorrow is not guaranteed. We only have today, meaning this very moment.
Becoming more aware of the positive things occurring in our lives can take some work because it requires that we make the conscious choice of changing our thinking, which starts with our self-narrative.
Living in the Here and Now
Using elements of mindfulness and positive psychology, we can teach ourselves to live in the here and now and appreciate all of the good in our lives. You have much to be grateful for – because you have a lot.
Karmic Truth: When we focus on the positive, we attract positive. Attracting the positive empowers happiness.
What follows are 25 things that you can be grateful for right now. What can you add to this list to help you focus on the positive?
1) You can draw breath and are alive.
3) The sun and all of its life giving energy.
4) Animals, including pets and all creatures of nature
5) Oxygen – for giving you the ability to empower life
6) Laughter – to help you chase away the serious
7) Limbs, including your hands and feet
8) Teachers, for helping you learn about our world
9) Humility, for keeping your sense of self in check
10) Music, for raising your spirits
12) Time, used to help you track activities during the day.
13) Family, created or natural, for caring about you.
14) Happy memories to remind you of good times.
15) Sadness to remind you that you are human
16) Tears as a physical manifestation of your deepest emotions
17) Technology for bringing us all together
18) Members of our armed forces for keeping us safe
19) A smile from a stranger – just because,
21) Your favorite TV show to help you get out of yourself.
22) Clouds – a place to cast your dreams
23) Planet earth – our home in the celestial universe.
24) Friends, for creating joy in your life.
25) Love, including love of yourself and others.
Reaching your life goals requires active participation in the here and now in order to become empowered for the future. Focusing on the positive, through gratitude, attracts happiness.
I encourage you to find the good in your day and embrace all that you have.
I think – therefore I am.
Moore, J. (2014). Gratitude: 25 Things to Be Grateful for Right Now!. Psych Central. Retrieved on February 23, 2018, from https://blogs.psychcentral.com/life-goals/2014/08/gratitude-25-things-to-be-grateful-for-right-now/