8 thoughts on “Why You Need to Recognize These 7 Lines from the Narcissist’s Script

• December 15, 2017 at 6:57 am

Thank You So Much For This Article ! I had been reading up on Narcissistic Behavior because I suspected that I was in a relationship with a Narcissist. Although I had done a lot of research and came to the conclusion that I was correct in my assumption, this is the ONLY article that matches every behavior and abuse / control tactic Narcissists use, and describes them exactly as I have been experiencing them in my relationship. Thank you so much !

• December 17, 2017 at 5:11 pm

Unfortunately my oldest daughter uses all of these lines and I’m positive she is a narcissist. I did the best I could as a stepdad but have finally given up. Been hurt to many times.

• May 6, 2018 at 3:38 pm

They also say, ‘You make me feel like I’m walking on eggshells’, when it is YOU who are walking on eggshells so you don’t disrupt the narcissist.

• July 1, 2018 at 11:36 am

It’s like you were in the room for every soul crushing fight I have had with my husband. I have long suspected he was a narcissist, but this confirmed it. Do they also try to drive a wedge between you and other people you love?

• July 1, 2018 at 11:39 am

Generally, narcissists tend to isolate their partners to have complete control.

• August 29, 2018 at 10:51 am

My ex NPD bf of 15 off and on again years used to tell me that I never listened to him. Well there was a good reason for that. You see, I finally listened to him one night which meant no arguing with what he was doing and we ended up with felony charges that resulted in a 3 1/2 year prison sentence for me and 10 years for him. So the next time that toolshed tells you something similar, remember you’re not doing whatever it is because you’re smarter than that.

• August 31, 2018 at 6:31 pm

My narcissistic father did everyone of these. His “cold withdrawal” was devastating to me as a child.
    He was so fragile, so easily hurt, that emotionally manipulating a child gave him a power charge.
    What a pathetic bully.

• September 8, 2018 at 1:50 pm

I was married for a short time to what I now know was a narcissist. He was text book. I was in and out of the relationship in 1.5 years, for which I am thankful that it did not go on any longer. In slight contrast, I am in another relationship with a less lethal narcissist. He is not as extreme, so I am justifying a lot of the negative behaviors. He doesn’t over react as much when I have an issue with something he has done. He has still NEVER sown any concern for how I feel. He mainly wants to feel like he is doing his job well. Some of that is being in a man brain (I don’t mean that in a rude way, but we have different brains). The last real talk we had, he said “do you know how much it hurt me, when you said you don’t feel safe sharing your feelings with me?”
    I think another line to add would be, “If you would have just said ______, I wouldn’t be so mad”.
    He is trying, but the first year was so hurtful, I don’t trust who he is trying to be today. And having read that, where the heck was (or is) my sense of self worth? Thoughts?