8 thoughts on “What Causes Perfectionism?

• March 18, 2016 at 3:36 pm

Great article! It helped me a lot.

• March 19, 2016 at 12:32 pm

Thanks, Paola. I appreciate you taking the time to let me know it helped. Best wishes.

• June 3, 2016 at 1:35 pm

Thank you! I feel I am one of those who imposed high standards upon myself from a very young age because I didn’t feel readily accepted. It’s good just to read your affirmation that achievement does NOT define me or those like me!

• June 4, 2016 at 12:25 pm

I’m so glad you found it affirming! We are all so much more than our achievements (or sense that we haven’t achieved enough).
      Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts,
      Sharon

• July 30, 2016 at 6:59 pm

Could you provide citation for this articles? Thanks. 🙂

• July 31, 2016 at 9:34 pm

Thanks! Sorry, I didn’t see it.

• May 17, 2018 at 7:20 pm

I really enjoy your posts, they help me personally and professionally
    However a historical and systemic framework is really missing. Your articles focus and highlight families and parents. This encourage parent blaming and fails to address the social and cultural factors that have impacted through generations.
    Until we move away from blaming families and parents, most likely our mothers, and focus on broader social and cultural issues the matters you write about so well won’t change.