7 thoughts on “How to Overcome Feeling Insecure and Needy in Your Relationships

• September 23, 2016 at 1:45 pm

Wonderfully insightful, using mindfulness and compassion to draw the attention within. It was very validating to touch on the fact that we don’t always know where insecurity originated. Especially for women, there seems to be a cultural expectation of uncertainty. Women who are too confident usually have that strength exaggerated and distorted into arrogance and are seen as “difficult”. Placing all control and responsibility on the shoulders of the one feeling insecure is necessary for development of self-esteem. It is a sense of resilience, rather than popularity, that is the foundation for a healthy self-concept.

In the “Identify Your Strengths” line, I think the intended word there was “conceited”, meaning having an erroneously high opinion of one’s self, rather than “conceded”, as in to give way to someone else’s point.

• May 23, 2017 at 6:27 am

Your articles are always awesome! I’m a therapist in Houston and often share them with client’s and colleagues.

• May 23, 2017 at 9:08 am

Thanks, Carmen! That means a lot! And if you have any requests for future articles, feel free to shoot me an email.

• March 20, 2018 at 4:33 am

Thank you so much for this wonderful advice. it was exactly what I needed to hear.

• May 7, 2018 at 1:58 am

I love your humility Sharon…”I didn’t always do it with grace”. We have so much power in ourselves to overcome so much.

• May 11, 2018 at 9:31 am

Hi Sharon,

I just wanted to thank you for all of the helpful information that your provide. I just love your articles! There’s just something about them.