9 thoughts on “The Long Term Effects of Weak Boundaries

• June 22, 2016 at 8:25 am

Excellent read. If there ever was a common characteristic among my clients, it’s poor boundaries. But of course, they don’t come in to my office complaining of poor boundaries because they don’t even know they have poor boundaries. They just know they’re not happy and they don’t like their lives. I teach boundaries to clients all the time and I often use the boundary books written by Townsend/Cloud.

• June 22, 2016 at 8:44 pm

Thanks for reading, Michele. Glad you found the post supportive of your work.
      take care,
      Sharon

• June 22, 2016 at 12:49 pm

A very informative and good read. Thank you for posting!

• July 1, 2016 at 11:14 am

Uh can’t hear you plz shout this from every roof top. This is a big issue with me and it has cost me physically and emotionally. No one ever thinks this is necessary they just want things to fall into place which ain’t ever going to happen. When you allow someone to tred on your boundaries you lose a piece of your soul. I will share every where even though I believe that most people won’t listen

• July 1, 2016 at 2:54 pm

Thank you! I agree – you lose a piece of yourself when you let others walk all over you.
      I wish you continued strength as you set your boundaries.
      Sharon

• September 9, 2016 at 4:22 am

Hi Sharon, Great boundaries article! You are bringing enlightenment to the world of unsure people that didn’t know why they felt taken advantage of. Good job!

I would like to gift you my eBook manuscript on an eBook I just wrote about boundaries and co-parenting, called Playing Fair. If you would like it… just send me a PM to my email with your email.

Appreciate your mission and I’ll pass your article on to my FB group too.
    Cheers to the Weekend,

Nancy Sustersic

• June 3, 2018 at 4:28 pm

I learned boundaries late in life Sharon but they have been a godsend. They have bought me peace and an ability to see that my needs are important as anybody else’s. I’ll be honest, I’ve been such a people pleaser from a co-dependent and enmeshed family environment putting others ahead of me. My family of origin don’t even know what the word “boundaries” means. To them I’ve become an ungrateful, selfish person. In reality I’ve put a stop to the manipulating and controlling behaviour of others and have detached from their dramas and enabling. We never stop learning.